This was a random inspiration. I adore cheese and miss it too.
And while I love Daiya Cheese and think it is THE best cheese alternative out there, I still miss cheese!
I was craving cheese crackers and figured with a Silpat in hand, it was worth a shot. So get ready for the EASIEST recipe you have EVER made…and for some delicious results. I had several non-dairy sensitive people test these out, including kids, and they couldn’t believe it wasn’t cheese, these ROCK!
- Daiya Cheese Shreds (really, that is IT!)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet sheet with either parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Put about a tablespoon or so of cheese shreds in a mound, no exact science here, just however big you want them to be.
- Push any lonely shreds back to the nearest mound so they can melt together, the cheese does not spread hardly at all.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-13 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool completely to harden into crisps and enjoy!