10 Super Smoothies: A Roundup!

Creamy Nutty Berry Smoothie

Smoothies are an excellent way to get so many healthy foods into your body all at once.  With the christening of my new Blendtec, I have been just a bitmanic in my smoothie creations.  Lately I am making 3-4 variations a day.  Come along with me as I scout for some fantabulous smoothie recipes that incorporate health, taste, and nutrition. And don;t forget, extra smoothies make for great ‘Popsicles’ for the kiddos.  I have two styles of molds I keep on hand for this very purpose, and my kids always think they are getting ice cream!

1. The traditional.
  2. The Silicone Push Pop
Strawberry Avocado Smoothie @ Cara’s Cravings: I have made this multiple times.  It tastes like fresh strawberries, and the avocado is undetectable but makes it OH so creamy!  I have used chia seeds and hemp hearts, and a couple of handfuls of spinach!
Kale Smoothie “Pistachio Ice Cream”@ Blender Girl:  I have made this a couple of times too…no kale taste to speak of, my kids slick it up, and so do I!  I am not sure why she calls it pistachio..no pistachio flavor or nut present, but it is DARN good!  My tweaks: I used 8 drops stevia, 2 tablespoons chia seeds, and left the ginger out.
Creamy Dairy Free Pumpkin Smoothie@ Lexie’s Kitchen.  Umm, it’s bright orange and has pumpkin…do I need to say anything else?!  Lexie always has great recipes, and this is just way too darn pretty to look at!

Mango Milkshake@The Gluten Free Pantry.  Thick, creamy, and tropical!  I will use stevia in place of the coconut sugar.

Chocolate Pumpkin Smoothie @ The Tasty Alternative.  I have made this many, many times and just adoreit!  It feels like a decadent dessert!  I double the cocoa powder and the pumpkin, add chia seeds, and use stevia to sweeten.  I sometimes also add spinach, it hides nicely!

Vanilla Banana Smoothie@ The Spunky Coconut.  My kids would be all over this!

Cranberry Oat Smoothie@ Diet, Dessert & Dogs.  I love tart things, and the addition of oats in this totally had my interest piqued!

Green Creamsicle Smoothie@ The Daily Bites.  Creamy and green….two words, and she had me!!  Spinach, cucumber, and avocado make the green and fruit sweetens it up!

Don’t Be Afraid of the Green@ She Let Them Eat Cake.  I have yet to try goji berries, so this one had me curious and ready to jump on the bandwagon!

Berry Green Smoothie@ Cook It Allergy Free.  Kim had me at the coconut butter in this one…I don’t actually have a jar of it, but making it is a cinch!

This recipe was shared on Traditional Tuesdays, Hearth & SoulSlightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday, Things That Make You say MMMMonday Mania, Fight Back Fridays Wellness WeekendPennywise Platter, Thriving on ThursdaysTraditional Tuesday, Sugar Free Sunday, Gluten Free Wednesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, These Chicks Cook, Whole Food Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Sugar Free Sunday, Mix It Up Monday, Meatless Monday, Tasty Tuesdays,

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Breakfast, Grain Free/Paleo, Smoothies/Drinks, Snacks, Vegan
19 comments on “10 Super Smoothies: A Roundup!
  1. Amber says:

Okay, comments are working for me how. :-)

Awesome round-up! Great picks – they all look amazing.

Thanks for featuring my chocolate pumpkin smoothie!

Hugs,
    –Amber

2. Laura says:

So many yummy smoothies! I hope you are loving your new Blendtec. It sounds like you are putting it to good use. Thanks for featuring my Mango Milkshake. I've gotta try all of the other drinks!

3. veggienook says:

Nice round-up! I have been on a smoothie kick lately so will have to give some of these a try!

4. Ali says:

Thanks for the round-up! I'm always looking for new twists to smoothies.

5. Ricki says:

Lots of great choices here! Thanks so much for including my smoothie, too. :)

6. This is a great looking list! Thanks.

7. Kristin says:

I love making smoothies and those flavor combos sound good. You might want to swing by my blog, I'm having a giveaway for a green smoothie book. It adds vegetables into your fruit smoothie to make it even healthier for ya. They're pretty tasty. I will definitely be trying some of your recipes though.
    Holy Cannoli Recipes

8. emily says:

yummy smoothies! My kids LOVE smoothies and I am always looking for ways to make them super! thanks for linking up to tasty tuesday. YOU are being featured tomorrow at the party. Hope you can stop by and check it out! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

9. Sarah E. says:

Ooh! I am loving the round up :) Thank you for posting all of these!

Stopping by from Mix It Up Monday.

10. I love smoothies! This is a wonderful round up with some ideas that had never occurred to me, but sound delicious. I know my kids will love the pumpkin smoothie. I am excited to check all of these recipes out. I had been debating whether I should create a smoothie board on Pinterest and you just gave me the nudge I needed. :)

• alea, with the purchase of my blendtec, I’ve been a bit of a smoothie nut!! I had the pumpkin one this morning, and made some changes (stevia, orange, pecans, chia seeds, half of a banana, and no apple butter or maple syrup). Really enjoyed it, totally reminiscent of a pumpkin pie. If you check my pinterest board (click the p on my sidebar) i have a smoothie board to get you started on your own!

11. Katie says:

Yum! I see several of these that I need to try!

12. Maggie says:

This is a great one-stop smoothie spot! I love it. Thanks for sharing my post Tessa!

13. Cara says:

Thank you so much for featuring my smoothie in this awesome roundup! It definitely gives me some great new ideas :)