Thank you to Linda @ Gluten Free Homemaker for putting together such a great event! Linda has pooled together 10 experts who each have chosen an area to focus on for daily, brief tips relating to starting or maintaining a gluten free lifestyle. You will need to visit each individual blog to see their daily tips and advise. I am happy to be participating and will be sharing tips on lunchboxes and snacks!
Here are the topics I’ve covered in this series of gluten free lunchboxes:
- Reusable Lunchbox Wares
- Sweet GF Wrap Ideas
- Packing a Balanced Lunchbox
- Stocking Up w/ an Oatmeal Snack Cookie
- Lunch on a Stick
- Gluten & Dairy Free Dips & Spreads for a Lunchbox
- 10 GF Wrap Ideas
- Making Use of Leftovers,
- Muffins & Waffles for a Lunchbox?!
- Top Foods for a Healthy Lunchbox,
Today’s Theme: Lunch on a Stick!
I don’t remember when I first thought to serve lunch with a toothpick….but it opened up a whole new world to me!
It’s amazing how kids will try things based solely on the fact they are on a stick!! I won’t try to understand why novelty plays such a huge roll in kid eating psychology, but it does, and this is no exception.
Come along as we explore some ‘lunch on a stick” ideas. Don’t forget that many of these would be even more alluring with a tasty dip (see my post on those linked above!) served along with it!
I have served these two ways: either skewered on long sticks, or all the bite size pieces in a reusable container and a toothpick so my kids can poke their own goodies. Choose your own adventure!
What ideas can YOU conjure up for us?
- Cubed deli meat (natural ones w/ no gluten fillers!), cubed allowed cheese (could even add cubes of your favorite gluten free bread here too!)
- Leftover grilled meat and vegetables
- Leftover roasted meat and vegetables
- Carrots and celery (remember the dairy free veggie dip from Whole New Mom?) Other veggies would be good too: red pepper, cucumber, radish, etc.
- Grilled Vegetables (I marinate mine in a lemon/garlic/olive oil and serve w/ a garlic aioli)
- Favorite meat skewers
- Pina Colada: chunks of pineapple, banana, drizzled or served with coconut butter and toasted coconut
- Fresh fruit: Serve with one of the fabulous dips from yesterday’s dips post!
- Strawberry Shortcake: strawberries, diced vanilla cake, and served with honey-sweetened marshmallow creme dip
- Fudgey brownies and raspberries
- Diced apples (tossed w/ a touch of lemon to prevent browning) served w/ nut butter dip
Don’t forget to visit each blog to see other helpful advise and hints!
Getting Started – Linda @ The Gluten-Free Homemaker
Resources – Wendy @ Celiacs in the House
Traveling – Karen @ Gluten-Free Travel Blog
Eating Out – Heather @ Gluten-Free Cat
Frugal Tips – Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
Cooking – Carrie @ Ginger Lemon Girl
Baking – Jules @ Jules Gluten Free
Kids – Lynn @ Lynn’s Recipe Adventures
Shopping – Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!