Here are the topics I’ve covered in this series of lunchboxes: Reusable Lunchbox Wares, Sweet GF Wrap Ideas, Packing a Balanced Lunchbox, Stocking Up w/ an Oatmeal Snack Cookie, Lunch on a Stick, GF DF Dips & Spreads for a Lunchbox, 10 GF Wrap Ideas, Making Use of Leftovers, Muffins & Waffles for a Lunchbox?!, Top Foods for a Healthy Lunchbox,
Don’t think wraps always have to be savory! Think fruit! Here are some fun wrap ideas that will get your kiddos (and come on admit it, YOU too!) excited about lunch time. For sweet wraps, I recommend a neutral tasting flour tortilla (like the one I shared with you yesterday and pictured below!) either store bought or homemade!
- PBB&J – Favorite nut butter, banana, and jelly, honey or raisins
- Strawberries & Cream (courtesy of The Nourishing Home wrap post) – Allowed cream cheese, honey, sliced fresh strawberry
- Creamy Fruit Goodness:cashew cream, cinnamon, and sliced seasonal fresh fruit
- Apple Peanut Butter: Either fresh or sauteed apple slices, favorite nut or seed butter
- Tropical: Toss together your favorite vanilla yogurt, diced mango, toasted coconut or coconut butter, and maybe some roasted chopped nuts for added crunch.
What sweet ideas do you have? I have roasted butternut squash or sweet potato one mulling around in my mind! And my Homemade Hazelnut-Chocolate spread would be good with just about ANY sweet wrap!
Remember to check out my list of 10 gluten free wrap options if you haven’t already!
Don’t forget to visit the other blogs to see their daily tips and hints!
Getting Started – Linda @ The Gluten-Free Homemaker
Resources – Wendy @ Celiacs in the House
Traveling – Karen @ Gluten-Free Travel Blog
Eating Out – Heather @ Gluten-Free Cat
Frugal Tips – Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
Cooking – Carrie @ Ginger Lemon Girl
Baking – Jules @ Jules Gluten Free
Kids – Lynn @ Lynn’s Recipe Adventures
Shopping – Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
“10 Days of Gluten Free” Bob’s Red Mill Giveaway!
For this series, I will be offering one lucky reader a $25 Bob’s Red Mill gift card! Here are the rules:
- This giveaway is limited to U.S. residents 18 and older.
- You are allowed one entry per “10 Days of Gluten Free” blog post for a total of 10 entries on this blog.
- Enter by leaving a comment (WITH an email address to contact you) on this post (and other 10 Days of GF posts).
- The giveaway begins May 7, 2012 and ends at 11:59 pm eastern time on May 18, 2012.
- Odds of winning are based on the number of entries.
- The winner will be randomly chosen and will be contacted by email.
- The winner will have 48 hours to respond. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be randomly chosen!
This post has been shared with Sugar-Free Sunday, Melt In Your Mouth Monday, Monday Mania, Make Your Own Monday, Mix It Up Monday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Gluten Free Wednesdays, What’s Cooking Wednesday, These Chicks Cooked, Whole Foods Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Full Plate Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Wellness Weekends, Fight Back Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, Freaky Friday, Kids in the Kitchen, Lunchbox Love, Foodie Friday, Friday Foodie Fix