Allergy Free Wednesday # 52

January 28-30th 2013

Hello and welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW).  AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies.

Visit previous AFW linky parties for even more delicious ideas!

Your weekly submissions will be shared on ALL 7 blogs!  Additionally, each hostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before and pin them on Pinterest.  Please visit each blog to see their features!  Your hostesses:

Please read here for the rules and guidelines of our hop, as well as links to all previous parties!  2 WEEKLY SUBMISSIONS MAX PLEASE.

Here is a key for labeling your recipes:

GF = Gluten Free
DF = Dairy Free
SF = Refined Sugar Free
V = Vegan

Important Legal Information:

By linking up, you agree that I may make use of any applicable pictures in my Allergy-Free Wednesday posts, and that, by your entering, you are giving permission to use them and/or re-pin them via Pinterest.  You also, by entering, guarantee that the picture is not someone else’s work, or else has a broad usage license (for example with stock photography put in public domain).

My Picks:

Simple Shortbread@ Sandi’s Allergy Free Recipes

Simple Shortbread - GF VeganLemon Coconut Muffins (Paleo) @ She She’s Gluten Free

Lemon Coconut Cupcakes - PaleoGluten Free, Vegan Skillet Biscuits @ The Daily Dietribe – I love the quick and easy nature of this recipe!  I also love that it taught me something…sometimes substitutions don’t work!  I first made these with sweet rice flour…the result was extremely gelled pancakes…tasty, but not a great texture.  So them I moved onto brown rice…really super crumbly.  So I went and bought some white rice flour, and voila!  Although not a health food, this is a great occasional, easy treat!  Now I can work on trying to improve the fiber…..fun stuff!  Thanks for teaching me something Iris!  I like having a super easy recipe to pass along to gluten free newbies who’s heads are spinning from all the flours!

Gluten Free, Vegan Skillet Biscuits

Reader Fav:

Overnight Cinnabun @Oatmeal w/ a Fork

Overnight Cinnabun - GF, Sugar Free

Tagged with:
Posted in Allergy Free Wednesdays
10 comments on “Allergy Free Wednesday # 52
  1. Lauren says:

Hi Tessa! Thanks for hosting! I’m adding my Cookie Dough Dessert Bowl this week….so happy to have been the favorite for last week. :) Have a great night!

2. Hi Tessa! Thanks for picking my Simple Shortbread!!
    This week I am sharing everyone’s favourite morning starter, Blueberry Scones. I hope you enjoy them!
    Have a great week!

3. Eileen says:

Hi Tessa! Thanks for hosting. Last week, I wrote a detailed comparison of 3 healing diets. This week, I have sample meal plans, to give people an idea of how to cook this way: http://www.phoenixhelix.com/2013/01/24/what-do-i-eat/

P.S. I love that you make me do a little math in the morning through this comment box – some exercise for that unused portion of my brain. :-)

4. Foy Update says:

This month I am adopting the Wahls Diet. It’s a nutrient directed diet to make sure our bodies and minds have everything they need to be healthy. It’s also gluten free and dairy free. To learn more about and see what I’ve been eating check out:

Thanks for hosting!

5. Alison says:

This week I’ve linked two of my recipes. One is for the dieters out there who think they’re going to keel over dead at the site of another chicken breast. My Juicy Garlic Chicken Breast recipe is simple, juicy and flavorful.

My Beefy Mexican Sandwich is perfect for Superbowl Sunday. It’s made using gluten-free bread, spicy coconut milk mayo, roast beef and Havarti cheese. It is simply to die for!

6. Hi Tessa,

Thanks for hosting! Today I shared my yummy Pineapple Lime Green Smoothie and my free online 5 day healing whole foods detox cleanse filled with healing foods recipes and tips for doing a successful cleanse. Have a wonderful week!

7. Iris says:

Tessa, I love that you did that experimenting for me. Now I have more answers for readers who want to know what they can sub. I’ve been wondering if a mix of 1/2 flour 1/2 starch would work. Perhaps 1/2 teff flour, 1/2 tapioca or arrowroot starch? Experimenting is so much fun! I’m guessing you feel the same way. :)

• Fuuny Iris..I was thinking the same thing: part something super gummy, and something not. I am thinking teff and sweet rice maybe…and yes, I LOVE experimenting…it is fun to get behind the nuances of all these GF flours!

8. lori says:

Thank you so much for hosting this wonderful blog hop! I’m off to visit so many YUMMY looking recipes…Thank you, Lori