Nothing better than a recipe you can compile all within the convenience of your blender or food processor! These were born of a desire to use up more my garden’s zucchini. And since my kids are OBSESSED with pancakes and waffles for breakfast, getting a serving of vegetable into these breakfast staples are nice bonus.
You won’t notice the zucchini, it blends right in and lends a lovely moist crumb to the pancakes.
THERE IS A LOT OF VARIANCE IN MOISTURE CONTENT OF ZUCCHINI. If the batter seems thin, it’s OK to add a couple tablespoons of any of the flours to thicken the batter to a typical pancake batter!
FLOUR SUBSTITUTIONS: Keep a rough balance of 1/3 starch and 2/3 wholegrain, and the pancakes should perform well. I know some people do not keep teff around (but you should!), so sub if you need to and share your tweaks with us! Have you checked out my GF flour tips page? Although I have some updating to do, there is lots of helpful information there for newcomers.
- 1½ cup favorite milk (I use So Delicious Coconut Milk)
- ¾ cup PACKED zucchini (shredded, chunked, whatever)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (or any fat)
- 3 tablespoons honey, or stevia equivalent
- 2 tablespoons chia meal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅔ cup teff flour
- ⅔ cup millet flour
- ⅔ cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Chocolate chips to taste, I use 4-5 per pancake
- Preheat your pan to about medium heat
- Place all the ingredients in your blender or food processor, in order listed and blend until smooth.
- Cook pancakes in a preheated, well greased pan. OR, these work great as waffles too!
This post was shared with Make Your Own Mondays, Natural Living Mondays, Mostly Homemade Mondays, GF Tuesdays, Tasteful Tuesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Tips & Tricks Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Hearth & SOul, Fat Tuesday, GF Wednesday, Waste Not Want Not, Whole Foods Wednesday, Real Foods Wednesday, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Wildcrafting Wednesday, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Thank Your Body Thursday, Tasty Traditions, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter, GF Fridays, Wellness Weekend, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Whole Foods Friday, Simple Meals Friday,