This gluten free and vegan cranberry orange coffee cake is a festive holiday breakfast made with wholesome ingredients. An amazing coffee cake that is moist with a perfect crumb. And all in your blender? Yup! (Don’t worry, if you do not have a high powered blender, you can still make this!)
I saw a recipe for a coffee cake done in your blender via the Blendtec blog, and knew I had to try and make it vegan, refined sugar, and gluten free!
It was a smashing success…everyone who has tried it agrees!
This momma appreciates that all the ingredients are wholesome, and that clean up is a snap since I get to use my favorite BlendTec blender. Seriously, this blender gets used at least once a day, usually multiple times! I make all sorts of nut butters, flours, our favorite egg free soaked teff bread weekly! An indispensable tool in a whole foods kitchen!
You can change the fruits and zest if you like…I just love the combination of cranberries and orange together! My son still can’t have berries anyways! I am thinking of trying cherries, maybe a rhubarb and strawberry combo in the summer!
Want some more festive breakfast ideas? here are a couple for you to try!
- Cranberry Upside Down Cake
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls – Gluten Free & Vegan
- Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Donuts
- ¼ cup palm sugar
- ¼ cup any rice flour
- ½ cup pecans (or ¼ cup additional rice flour for a nut free option)
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil or palm shortening
- ¾-1 cup preferred milk (will depend on your apple size, start with ¾ and add additional if you need it)
- ½ cup palm sugar + ¼ cup equivalent stevia (I use NuNaturals Clear Stevia)
- ½ cup palm shortening or coconut oil
- 1 apple, chunked and cored
- 1½ tablespoons chia meal or flax meal
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Zest of one orange (Use a Microplane, there is NO better tool for this!)
- ¾ cup sprouted brown rice flour (I am sure brown rice flour would work too, but sprouted brown rice flour is easier to digest and produces a finer crumb)
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ¼ cup rice flour or tapioca flour
- 1½ baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon guar gum
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, grease a 9" spring-form pan, or and 9" pan
- First place all topping ingredients into a high powered blender, or the bowl of a food processor and pulse until crumbled and blended.
- Pour the topping into a bowl, and place all the wet ingredients in the jar or bowl, and pulse to break up the apple and then puree until smooth and well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and cranberries, and pulse until roughly chopped and mostly combined. You can use a spatula to mix any last bits of flour in.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, then sprinkle the topping over.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes, or until a a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean,
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!