A wholesome gluten free muffin with the addition of hemp hearts and pumpkin all done in the convenience of a food processor! As an added bonus, they are free of dairy and eggs too if you choose!
I never imagined this recipe would quickly become a favorite of every member of my household. Invariably, one loves something and the other won’t touch it….typical kids!! I have tried to learn to have ZERO expectations and whatever they decide, they decide. But a wholesome gluten free muffin is such an easy snack if I CAN find one they all enjoy. Aren’t kids good for teaching us things (frowny mom face, grr!)??!
But these gluten free muffins get scarfed down so quickly by every member of the house.
I love that they are low in sugar and high in fiber. My kids and husband however, like that they taste good…the health part likely NOT their top priority (SHOCK!).
I like to add hemp hearts to my recipes for their great nutrition. High in fiber, healthy fats, and omegas. Here is an article that will convince you to add more of these tasty seeds anywhere you can!! They are super simple to throw into muffin recipes…whole, or ground into a powder with a blender or food processor (like here!).
Go ahead moms, see if your family wolfs these quick wholesome gluten free muffins down as fast as mine!
If you would like more wholesome muffins, here are some you could try!
- Paleo 5 Minute Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Muffins – Gluten Free & Vegan
- Paleo Chocolate Butternut Muffins
- Or another muffin starring hemp, Paleo Chocolate Hemp Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats (I love these oats as they are raised on a small family farm, are affordable, and are organic too!)
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- ⅓ cup palm sugar + additional ⅓ cup equivalent in stevia
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup pumpkin or squash puree, either from the can or make your own)
- ½ cup favorite milk, I used almond milk, could use yogurt or kefir
- ¼ cup water mixed w/ 1 tablespoon psyllium powder OR gelatin, or two eggs
- Add In Options:
- Chocolate chips, grated orange peel, fresh or dried cranberries, cinnamon, chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare 11 muffin tins with grease or liners.
- In the bowl of a food processor (I LOVE mine and use it all the time!), place all the dry ingredients and process to a fine powder.
- Once everything is like a flour, add in all the wet ingredients, whirring to blend.
- Pulse in any add ins you prefer.
- Fill muffin tins ⅔ full, and bake in a preheated oven for 15-18 minutes. Tops should be set and not squishy.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!