BUSY MORNING TIP: Make a double batch of these and freeze the extras for toaster pancakes (or microwave!). I like to make a few extras every time I make pancakes for this purpose!
Banana Oat Pancakes - Gluten Free & Vegan
- 1 cup rolled oats or oat flour (see directions)
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds or flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder my local store had bulk made with potato starch rather than corn: in the bulk section!
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup vanilla hemp milk or other
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or canola
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup honey, or agave
- 1 banana smooshed
- Optional add in's: berries grated coconut, finely diced apples, diced bananas, mini chocolate chips
In a mixing bowl, mash the banana lightly.
Add in the remaining wet ingredients, mixing well (I used an immersion blender, but this is not necessary).
If using rolled oats, grind them in a coffee/spice mill until a flour-like consistency is reached.
Whisk the oat flour in with the the rest of the dry ingredients and add to the banana mixture.
Add more milk to thin if necessary.
In a preheated stainless steel pan, medium heat, (I prefer this to get a crispy pancake exterior), add some coconut oil to grease.
Decide which size of pancakes you'd like to make, and pour.
When bubbles appear, it is time to flip!
This Recipe was shared on Gluten Free Wednesdays,Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!