|http://www.thespunkycoconut.com: check it out!!|
Oh my. These are a knock out!! And wouldn’t they be perfect for an Easter morning? Moist, flavorful, perfect crumb…..YUM!
And just so you guys don’t think I can whip up a perfect batch every time, I tried making these for a play date yesterday and even though my polite friends insisted it wasn’t bad (what good friends!)….the texture was gummy and gooey….not at all what I was going for!
Like any self-respecting cook will do, I hit at it again today.
Since I can’t do nuts for another couple weeks, I used Sunflower Seed Butter from Trader Joe’s…..this stuff is surprisingly delicious, it will become a staple in our house now!
So really, use any nut butter that suits your fancy, and get baking !
Chocolate 'Peanut Butter' Banana Muffins - Gluten Free & Vegan
- 4 over-ripe bananas lots of black spots
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter or Sunbutter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Replacer whisked with 1/4 cup warm water or 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon light colored vinegar
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- Or replace above flours and gun with apx 1 1/4 cups wheat flour, I prefer whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons grain free baking powder corn-free variety!
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate chips to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a 12 muffin tin
In a mixer, beat the wet ingredients until smooth:
With the mixer running, sprinkle in the dry ingredients and combine.
Add in chocolate chips (if using)
Fill muffin tin and bake for 18-21 minutes until tops are firm.