I have been addicted to this salad for sometime. My only hang up was how expensive those divinely delicious candied pecans were at Trader Joe’s….normally my most reliable source for affordable nuts!
So…I hunted for a good recipe to make my own…and these are fabulous!
If you can’t do eggs, I have done this same recipe with no eggs and maple syrup instead of the sugar. It works well too, just not quite as much coating sticks to the nut, but still delicious!
Cranberry & Candied Pecan Salad w/ Poppyseed Dressing
- Baby Greens Pre-washed and ready to go!
- Annie's Papaya Poppy Seed Dressing to taste
- Dried Cranberries to taste
- Candied Pecans
- To make pecans:
- 1 pound pecan pieces usually cheaper than whole pecans, and you break them up anyways!
- 1 egg white whipped (I used the egg white from a carton of the cage-free ones at Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 T brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 t salt optional
- 1/2 t vanilla optional
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Mix the egg white and sugars, salt, and vanilla.
Toss in nuts to evenly coat.
Spread out in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment. Bake for apx 30 minutes until toasted! (nuts crunch up as they cool)
Cool and break into a ziploc bag to have at your fingers for all sorts of things!
This recipe was shared on Gluten Free Wednesday,Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!