So creamy and flavorful, you will never believe these boneless chicken thighs have no dairy!
With virtually no effort, dinner will be in the pot, and 8 minutes later, chow time!
Perfect for any meal, these creamy Instant Pot chicken thighs are a keto and Whole30 friendly meal that will be a family hit!
Boneless skinless chicken thighs and the Instant Pot are a true match made in heaven. Because of their small size and dark meat status…they cook up into tender shredded chicken in a snap, or maybe an instant?!
Once I realized this (not so new) revelation…I have been constantly experimenting with all sorts of flavor profiles. With a special emphasis on quick and easy. Easy and quick. Snappy. Minimal effort. Time saving…ya, you get the drift!
I started back to work as a substitute teacher, so these kinds of meals are like a BFF in my back pocket. Because I still want to eat well and be healthy!
What is umami and why should I use it?
Knowing umami makes the the world goes round, I wanted a simple dish with loads of umami flavors…enter nutritional yeast and/or mustard! Both have great flavor and make our taste buds happy! In this dish, you get to choose between the two flavor boosts….or maybe even a little of each if you’re feeling wild and sassy! Totally up to you. And you can also add more if want more of their pungent flavors…also…totally up to you! So loads of flavor, no dairy, good for you….CHECK!!!
Bone broth makes this simple dish even MORE nutritious and healthy, so try to use some! I like to use Perfect Supplements Bone Broth Powder (man is it GOOOOOOD) in pinch when I have none on hand, or Trader Joe’s is now offering some too in the soup aisle!
Can I use chicken breasts instead?
Chicken breasts are great, but it takes much longer to to break down those tough and lean fibers!
So if you are in a time crunch…chicken thighs in the Instant Pot will be your best friend, and are still my recommendation.
If you decide to use chicken breasts, do everything the same, but definitely do a natural release of 10+ minutes. This extra rest time is required to tenderize the leaner breast meat!
Serving Suggestions for the creamy Instant Pot chicken thighs:
This meal is easily adaptable to all types of eating!! While I maybe forgoing rice for the time being, my family is not! Here are some ideas on how to make it your own:
- atop some cauli rice or mash or steamed broccoli
- served with any favorite roasted veggies ( I love brussel sprouts, broccoli, and cauliflower!)
- atop any noodles (not Whole30 or keto).
- with any favorite rice or cooked grain!
Want more Whole30 recipes?
- My Kalua Pork is a couple of ingredients and an absolute family favorite!
- Taco night just got easier! Instant Pot Carnitas are easy to make and SO flavorful!
- This Paleo Instant Pot Butter Chicken is like Indian take out at home!
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken & Mushrooms look like a satisfying, dairy free dish!
- Made in single skillet, this healthy Tuscan chicken is dairy free and loaded with Italian goodness!
Creamy Instant Pot Chicken Thighs Recipe:
Have you made this? I want to hear about it! Please leave a comment below!
Creamy Instant Pot Chicken Thighs - Whole30
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs if you use chicken breast, do a 10 minute natural release to tenderize it.
- salt & pepper
Mix In At End:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise I use my homemade, infinitely tastier!
Press saute on your Instant Pot, add the avocado oil, and generously salt and pepper your chicken thighs.
Brown the chicken thighs, not turning until well browned.
While browning, whisk the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
When chicken is browned, pour the sauce mix over the top. Lock on the lid, and set 'manual time' for 8 minutes.
When it beeps, natural or quick release (doesn't matter), and stir in the mayo. Serve!