Delicious, simple, Paleo vegan brownies from the new Pure & Simple Paleo Cookbook! These dense and chocolaty bars are sinfully delicious!
I have been enjoying this cookbook for many months now as I looked for time to write my review!! That means I got to cook lots of recipes, and today I get to share one with you too!!
Andrea is a blogger over at Forest & Fauna, formally Betty Rawker. A regular contributor to Allergy Free Wednesday, her beautiful photography and amazingly creative recipes always catch my eye, she has a real gift! Definitely follow her and peruse her plethora of great recipes!
Andrea changed her diet 8 years ago in order to control her symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis. By removing grains, soy, refined sugar, and starch, she has managed to recapture her health. As many of us in the food allergy world can relate…..food is power!! Healing can look different for each individual, and what it takes to achieve it…but so much can be healed with the right food.
Highlights of Andrea’s new cookbook:
- some excellent photography
- super creative recipes with surprising ingredients
- delicious food
- easy-to-read layout
Some recipes we made and loved:
- Chocolate Chia Waffles (no flour, no nuts, no coconut!!) – Talk about sick to your ribs, made with a base of chia meal!
- Almond Chia Baguette
- Caesar Dressing (totally dairy and egg free and tastes totally authentic!)
- Rosemary Candied Walnuts
- Spaghetti Squash in Garlic & Olive Oil
- Huckleberry BBQ Sauce – no nightshades, and I used plum, but super tasty and SO easy!!
- BBQ Chicken -marinated and served with the aforementioned BBQ sauce, this was excellent!
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Yellow Curry w/ Chicken – this one was a flavor party…my husband and I could not get enough!
- Oven Roasted Broccoli w/ Dairy Free Cheesy Fondue
Regardless of your dietary needs, this cookbook has lots to offer anyone who is interested in eating healthy.
Enjoy this yummy treat that Andrea graciously offered to share with my readers!
Paleo Vegan Brownies Recipe:
Simple Paleo Chocolate Brownies, Pure & Simple Paleo - A Low Starch Cookbook, A Review
- 1 cup almond butter or any nut/seed butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey, I used part part stevia to taste
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder I used Dagoba
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 large egg or 1 tablespoon chia meal w/ 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk any milk will work
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 x 8 pan.
Using a mixer, food processor, or by hand, thoroughly blend all ingredients (except walnuts if using). If you are doing the egg free version, be sure to gel your chia meal with water before mixing in.
Bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean (**note from Tessa, I baked mine for only 20 minutes. As a rule of thumb, because all ovens are different, I start with less time and check!!)
Let cool before cutting into desired pieces.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!