A super flavorful Paleo, keto, and Whole 30 friendly dinner that cooks in 6 minutes in your Instant Pot!! Meet Paleo Instant Pot Chicken Adobo!
And even if you have no special diets to accommodate, this is a kid-friendly meal that takes almost no effort to prepare!
One of my favorite things about this chicken adobo is how little I have to actually prep! Only one onion chopped, then all other ingredients I just measure and pour….boom!
Once it is all complete, the tender and flavorful chicken adobo can be used in SO many ways!! Most noteworthy are all the ways you could use this dish once it is prepped:
- Atop a Chinese Chicken Salad
- along with some cauliflower rice (my favorite method is Urban Poser’s method)
- Stuffed in some fathead dough with some sauteed veggies for a hand pie!
- saute some shredded cabbage and throw the chicken adobo on top (maybe some Asian hot sauce too…I’m just saying!!)
Here are some other quick dinner ideas you could try:
- Keto Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Spanish Garlic & Egg Soup (lightening quick!!)
- Thai Chicken Soup
- Cuban Picadillo
NO INSTANT POT? NO PROBLEM!!
You can place all ingredients on the stove top (or slow cooker), just increase your cooking time. About an hour on the stove, about 3 hours in the slow cooker. The rest of the instructions will remain the same!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (bone can be used, cooking time would be increased)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos(could use gluten free tamari if you can have it)
- 2 tablespoons (scant) palm sugar OR for Whole 30/Keto: applesauce or pineapple juice
- 2 bay leaves, optional
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your Instant Pot on the saute feature. Wait until it says 'hot'
- Salt and pepper your chicken thighs.
- Brown your thighs in some coconut oil, do not crowd the pan. This may take a couple of batches. Place the thighs in, wait 3-5 minutes until a nice crust is forming, then flip and do to the other side.
- Once all thighs are browned, place all the meat back in the pot, add all the remaining ingredients, lock the lid on.
- Using the 'manual' button, decrease time to 6 minutes for boneless, 12 minutes for bone-in.
- When time is up, cancel, quick release.
- Turn on the saute feature again.
- Boil off the liquid until it condenses and starts to caramelize.
- Shred thighs.
- Serve atop some cauli rice, or an Asian slaw for a well balanced meal!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!