A super flavorful paleo, keto, and Whole30 dinner that cooks in 6 minutes in your Instant Pot!! Instant Pot Chicken Adobo uses boneless skinless chicken thighs to create a flavorful and easy meal to whip up for you family and can be used in So many ways!
And even if you have no special diets to accommodate, this is a kid-friendly meal that takes almost no effort to prepare!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is how little I have to actually prep! Only one onion chopped, then all other ingredients I just measure and pour….boom!
Once it is all complete, the tender and flavorful chicken adobo can be used in SO many ways!!
Serving Suggestions For Instant Pot Chicken Adobo:
- Atop a Chinese Chicken Salad
- Along with some cauliflower rice (my favorite method is Urban Poser’s method)
- Stuffed in some fathead dough with some sauteed veggies for a hand pie!
- Saute some shredded cabbage and throw the chicken adobo on top (maybe some Asian hot sauce too…I’m just saying!!)
Here are some other quick dinner ideas you could try:
- Keto Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Spanish Garlic & Egg Soup (lightening quick!!)
- Thai Chicken Soup
- Cuban Picadillo
NO INSTANT POT? NO PROBLEM!!
You can place all ingredients on the stove top (or slow cooker), just increase your cooking time. About an hour on the stove, about 3 hours in the slow cooker. The rest of the instructions will remain the same!
Instant Pot Chicken Adobo Recipe:
If you make this, be sure to come back a leave a comment and a rating below!!
Instant Pot Chicken Adobo - Keto | Paleo | Whole 30
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs bone can be used, cooking time would be increased
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar ACV
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos could use gluten free tamari if you can have it
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar OR for Whole30/Keto: applesauce or pineapple juice
- 2 bay leaves optional
- Salt and pepper
Preheat your Instant Pot on the saute feature. Wait until it says 'hot'
Salt and pepper your chicken thighs.
Brown your thighs in some coconut oil, do not crowd the pan. This may take a couple of batches. Place the thighs in, wait 3-5 minutes until a nice crust is forming, then flip and do to the other side.
Once all thighs are browned, place all the meat back in the pot, add all the remaining ingredients, lock the lid on.
Using the 'manual' button, decrease time to 6 minutes for boneless, 12 minutes for bone-in.
When time is up, cancel, quick release.
Turn on the saute feature again.
Boil off the liquid until it condenses and starts to caramelize.
Serve atop some cauli rice, or an Asian slaw for a well balanced meal!