A super flavorful paleo, keto, and Whole30 dinner that cooks in 8minutes in your Instant Pot!! Instant Pot chicken adobo uses boneless skinless chicken thighs to create a flavorful and easy meal to whip up for you family and can be used in so many ways!
And even if you have no special diets to accommodate, this is a kid-friendly meal that takes almost no effort to prepare!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is how little I have to actually prep! Only one onion chopped, then all other ingredients I just measure and pour….boom!
Once it is all complete, the tender and flavorful chicken adobo can be used in SO many ways!!
Serving suggestions for an easy chicken adobo dinner:
- Atop a Chinese Chicken Salad
- Along with some cauliflower rice (my favorite method is Urban Poser’s method)
- Stuffed in some fathead dough with some sautéed veggies for a hand pie!
- Sauté some shredded cabbage and throw the chicken adobo on top (maybe some Asian hot sauce too…I’m just saying!!). All on top of a bed of sticky rice and you have yourself a bomber bowl!
Here are some other quick dinner ideas you could try:
- If you are watching carbs (or not!), this family pleasing Keto Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup will be a hit, and whole head of cauliflower hidden the broth.
- One of my personal favorites for it’s lightening quick prep and incredible flavor, Spanish Garlic & Egg Soup is a flavor bomb!
- I get asked for my recipe for this Thai Chicken Soup every time I make it for a crowd! Simple, and quick to make.
- My Cuban Picadillo takes some unique ingredients and combines them into a quick skillet dinner.
Stove top chicken adobo?!!
You can place all ingredients on the stove top (or slow cooker), just increase your cooking time.
Cook time will be about an hour on the stove, about 3 hours in the slow cooker on high. Your indication will be fork tender chicken thighs!
The rest of the instructions will remain the same!
Instant Pot Chicken Adobo Recipe:
If you make this, be sure to come back a leave a comment and a rating below!!
Instant Pot Chicken Adobo - Keto | Paleo | Whole 30
Tender shredded chicken thighs in a savory Asian sauce perfect for a bed of any type of rice or atop a cabbage slaw!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or any preferred oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs bone in CAN be used, cooking time would be increased to 12 minutes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar ACV
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos could use gluten free tamari if you can have it
- 1 tablespoons palm sugar OR for Whole30/Keto: applesauce or pineapple juice
- 2 bay leaves optional
- Salt and pepper
on the sauté feature. Wait until it says 'hot.'
Salt and pepper your chicken thighs.
Brown your thighs in some coconut oil, do not crowd the pan. This may take a couple of batches. Place the thighs in a single layer, wait 3-5 minutes until a nice crust is forming, then flip and do to the other side. If you try to flip too early, the chicken may stick a bit, wait another minute and try again!
Let the second side form a nice brown crust. It's worth noting that this browning process is what creates great flavor in the end product!
Once all thighs are browned, hit 'cancel.' Place all the meat back in the pot, and continue with all the remaining ingredients. Lock the lid on.
Using the 'manual' button (or 'pressure cook' on some models) , set time to 8 minutes for boneless, 12 minutes for bone-in.
When time is up, cancel, and do a natural release for at least 5 minutes. (tenderizes the chicken).
With the lid removed, turn on the sauté feature on again.
Boil off the liquid until it condenses and starts to caramelize a bit.
Shred thighs (if they are not already by themselves!)
Serve atop some cauli rice, or an Asian slaw for a well balanced meal!