A dense and fudgy paleo vegan brownies recipe that is nut free too! One taste, and you will be whisked off to brownie heaven!
I learned a little something about my body during my 100% paleo trial last summer: me and almond flour in massive quantities are not best friends.
While delicious, the super concentrated dose of nuts (about 90 almonds =1 cup almond flour) turned my digestion on its’ head.
On top of that, my son’s allergies meant anything I made for the rest of us would not work for him most of the time: nuts, seeds, and eggs are still out for him.
Egg-free paleo baking is not normally a very easy task. Grain free flours of all shades need eggs to work…almost always.
But many people who try paleo and other similar grain-free lifestyles are trying to heal their guts, and that means no eggs too for some!
Thank goodness for so many resources in the blogging world now…how did we ever live without it before?!
Dense and fudgy, and loaded with deep chocolate flavor, we all loved these! But if almond and eggs are still on YOUR menu, these paleo toasted coconut brownies might be right up your alley!
I recommend that these be stored in the freezer or fridge for best texture. They get very moist at room temp (pumpkin!) and we have taken to enjoying them fresh from the oven or still frozen from the freezer!
Unsweetened chocolate does not normally have soy lecithin like most sweetened varieties.
Unsweetened chocolate is a great option for those who don’t do soy, and as an added bonus, you get to control the sweeteners too!
Additional Egg-free Paleo Treats:
- Paleo Nutella Cookies are made in your food processor and have that amazing hazelnut and chocolate combo!
- Probably one of my personal favs: Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- So quick and easy to make, a Hail Merry copy cat! Raw Chocolate Macaroons
- I love the pink hue to these delicious no bake macaroons: Strawberry Macaroons
- Lemon Cookies use one of my favorite flavors ever!
Paleo Vegan Brownies Recipe:
If you try these, I want to know! Please leave a comment below!
Paleo Vegan Brownies - Nut Free
A super allergy friendly brownie, fudgy and rich and very chocolaty!
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate or any chocolate of choice (regular chocolate will have sweetener)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk I used So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup honey, coconut nectar, to taste (may add more to taste, I use stevia for additional sweetness)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, prepare an 8 x 8 square baking pan. If you would like slightly thicker brownies, use a loaf pan instead.
In a liquid measuring cup or double boiler, melt the unsweetened chocolate, coconut milk, and coconut oil over medium heat. Heat just enough to melt the chocolate, and remove the heat.
Mix in the honey, pumpkin, salt, and baking soda.
Mix in sifted cocoa powder, sifted coconut flour, and tapioca flour.
Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes; when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, you know it is done!
Cool completely and cut!