Strawberries are coming out my ears, and I couldn’t be happier! I have made this fresh strawberry chocolate tart at least
four, make that FIVE times in the last month. It goes together in a flash and the results are….well…addicting!
Like a chocolate covered strawberry in tart form, the marriage of chocolate and strawberry take center stage in this dessert. A buttery, chocolatey crust topped with bright, tart berries in a thick chocolate ganache. It certainly doesn’t hurt that the the whole pie is show stopper with minimal effort OR skill!
You can also make this strawberry chocolate tart into multiple smaller ones for personal tarts, I use these pans.
I also love that this strawberry chocolate tart is easily adaptable to multiple diets. I will give you several crust options (All of which I have tried and loved!)!!
Go ahead, impress somebody!
If you would like some more desserts that feature berries, try these!
- Strawberry Macaroons – Paleo | Raw | Vegan
- Paleo AIP Strawberry Rhubarb Hand Pies
- Gluten Free | Vegan Empañadas
- 1 8 oz package gluten free oreo-style cookies (I like KinniToos) OR make your own gluten free chocolate shortbread (1 batch) OR make this Paleo chocolate crust and forgo the remaining crust ingredients, OR use Simple Mills Paleo Chocolate Chocolate Cookies!
- 4 tablespoons softened coconut oil or allowed butter
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup favoritedark chocolate chips (I like to use one or two 1 oz squares of unsweetened baking chocolate to reduce the sugar even further. I have also used my own homemade chocolate sweetened with either honey, xylitol, and/or stevia: use YOUR favorite!! The ratio is about ½ cup coconut oil or cocoa butter mixed with ¼ cup or more cocoa powder, and 2 tablespoons preferred sweetener or more to taste!). Enjoy Life Dark Morsels are amazing too!
- ¼ cup favorite milk
- [i]Strawberry Topping:
- [/i]Apx 1 pint halved and hulled strawberries
- Prepare your selected crust. Whir the the cookies or shortbread in a food processor until you have fine cookie crumbs.
- Pulse in the oil until well incorporated.
- Press mixture into a 9" pie plate.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes in a 350 degree oven. It may seem soft upon removal, but firms up when it cools.
- While the crust cools, make your ganache by melting your chocolate and milk together and stir until smooth and creamy. If you make your own chocolate, you can forgo the milk: homemade chocolate if much softer at room temperature and will need longer to to harden and will also need refrigeration.
- Pour over your prepared crust and smooth out.
- While the ganache is still warm, press in the strawberry halves in a circular pattern.
- Chill until set!
- Top with your favorite cream if desired, or drizzle with more melted chocolate for an even more dramatic pie!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!