Beautiful sweet tart strawberries nestled in a thick and creamy chocolate ganache with a chocolate cookie crust! This easy chocolate strawberry tart comes together quickly and is easily made gluten free, vegan, low carb, AND paleo!
Strawberries are coming out my ears, and I couldn’t be happier!
Here in Oregon, the peak of strawberry season hits sometime in June. We love to visit our local (no spray) berry farms and harvest as many as we can get!
Of course my kids EAT more than they harvest…but who could blame them?!I have made this fresh strawberry chocolate tart at least
four, make that FIVE times in the last month. It goes together in a flash and the results are….well…addicting!
Like a chocolate covered strawberry in tart form, the marriage of chocolate and strawberries take center stage in this luscious, quickly prepared dessert!
A buttery, chocolatey crust topped with bright, tart berries in a thick chocolate ganache.
It certainly doesn’t hurt that the the whole pie is show stopper with minimal effort OR skill! In fact, both of my daughter’s have made this dessert all on their own no problem!
You can also make this strawberry chocolate tart into multiple smaller ones for personal tarts, I use these pans.
I also love that this dessert is easily adaptable to multiple diets. Low carb, paleo, gluten free, vegan…it works for SO many!
I will give you several chocolate cookie crust options (all of which I have tried and loved!)!!
- Paleo? Use either Simple Mills Chocolate Cookies in place of the oreos, or make 1 batch of this crust.
- You could make your own gluten free chocolate shortbread too!
- Low carb? Just use Lily’s chocolate chips and this crust!
Go ahead, impress somebody!
Additional gluten free desserts that feature berries:
- These Strawberry Macaroons are also no bake, paleo, and vegan!
- Gluten Free Empanadas are filled with chocolate and berry preserves and surrounded by an wholesome gluten free and vegan crust!
- This quick and easy strawberry mousse is gorgeous!
Gluten Free Strawberry Chocolate Tart Recipe:
Did you try this? Leave a comment below!
Fresh Strawberry Pie in a Chocolate Cookie Crust - Gluten Free & Vegan
- 1 cup chocolate chips I like to use one or two 1 oz squares of unsweetened baking chocolate to reduce the sugar even further. I have also used my own homemade chocolate sweetened with either honey, xylitol, and/or stevia: use YOUR favorite!! The ratio is about 1/2 cup coconut oil or cocoa butter mixed with 1/4 cup or more cocoa powder, and 2 tablespoons preferred sweetener or more to taste!. Enjoy Life Dark Morsels are amazing too!
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 pint strawberries stems removed, sliced
Make the crust:
Prepare your selected crust. Whir the the cookies or a homemade chocolate shortbread (linked above) in a food processor until you have fine cookie crumbs.
Pulse in the oil until well incorporated.
Press mixture into a 9" pie plate, or 8 individual tart pans. The crust will not reach the top of the pie pan...so only go about half way up!
Bake for about 10-15 minutes in a 350 degree oven. It may seem soft upon removal, but firms up when it cools!
Make the ganache:
While the crust cools, make your ganache by melting your choice of chocolate and milk together and stir until smooth and creamy. If you make your own chocolate, you can forgo the milk: homemade chocolate if much softer at room temperature and will need longer to to harden and will also need refrigeration. IF you decide to melt using a microwave, be careful not to get the chocolate too hot or it will seize!
Pour ganache over your prepared crust and smooth out. Should be a nice 1/2" layer or so of chocolate.
While the ganache is still warm, press in the strawberry halves in a circular pattern. I will cut the strawberry into smaller pieces in the middle when space gets tight!
Chill until set!
Top with your favorite cream if desired!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!