These gluten free and vegan date sweetened brownies are made with all wholesome ingredients for a dense and fudgy treat!
Moist, fudgy and decadent brownies to fill any chocoholics most sinful craving.
Yet these beauties are deceptive as they are sweetened only with fruit, a serving of veg, AND they even contain some protein, fiber, and healthy fats!
Sigh. I absolutely love these fudgy gems and so does my family. They don’t know they are being deceived….and neither will anyone else.
So go ahead…make these and make some new friends. Convince people healthy food CAN be delicious.
I was originally inspired by one of my very favorite blogs: Hope For Healing’s Zucchini Cake. I love that recipe and it inspired me to create something with my winter supply of squash puree.
And I would be remiss not to mention some of the topping ideas swirling though my head with these bad boys as a perfect base:
- Pureed raspberry
- Paleo caramel
- Crushed candy canes,
- Easy Vegan Buttercream Frosting
Can I use different flours in the gluten free vegan brownies?
You are welcome to sub other flours here…my baking tips page divides gluten free flours into their protein weights…so use that as reference to sub one or more flours.
This will change the end product inevitably!
But if you have a gluten free all purpose flour you enjoy, it should work well here.
Want some more gluten free and vegan treats?
- These Dark Chocolate Brownies have a sneaky ingredient no one EVER guesses
- My Gluten Free Empanadas are filled with berry preserves and chocolate chips for a fun treat!
- A no bake dessert, this Paleo Raw Chocolate Tart is sinful and decadent!
Date Sweetened Brownies Recipe:
If you try these dense and fudgy vegan brownies, be sure to come back and leave your feedback below!
Fudgey & Decadent Date Sweetened Brownies - Gluten Free & Vegan
- 20 Medjool Dates about 1 cup, pitted
- 1 cup extra hot water
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate or extra dark
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or other
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Additional sweetener to taste if necessary I use stevia if needed, but almost never need it, taste and see what YOU think
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup teff flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large liquid measuring cup, place the dates, hot water and unsweetened chocolate. Set aside for a minimum of 10-20 minutes to get soft.
- In the bowl of a 14 cup food processor (I LOVE mine and use it all the time!), place all the date mixture, and the next 4 ingredients through the vanilla. Puree until smooth.
- Sprinkle in the remaining dry ingredients. Pulse several times to mix thoroughly,
- Pour batter into a greased 9" pan (round or square as preferred.)
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40-50 minutes until the middle is just set and a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool completely, cut and store in an airtight container.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!