Here is a recipe I am very excited to share with you!
We eat pretty healthy around here, and since cutting out refined sugars….our sweet threshold has definitely gone down. It was a gradual process…and really I don’t notice except for when I recreate recipes that used to use 1 1/2 cup-2 cups sugar and now I use a cup or less…almost always split with some stevia.
That is a big difference in sweetness…and conventional desserts are often way too sweet for me now…crazy how tastebuds adapt!
These were a fun bar to recreate for the kiddos…not to be super healthy…but as a yummy treat with real foods.
Oooey, gooey fudgey goodness…a perfect blondie texture for this family! The graham crackers and marshmallows are optional, but they added great depth and fun to the recipe. The chewiness of the caramelized marshmallows is really great!
We used Elyon brand of mini marshmallows for this. No corn ingredients just: sugar, tapioca syrup, water, kosher fish gelatin, tapioca starch, natural vanilla flavors. They also have vegan version! I sometimes make my own marshmallows too…my own recipe, or a honey-sweetened version.
Gooey S'Mores Blondies - Gluten Free & Vegan
- 1/2 cup palm shortening coconut oil, or favorite butter (vegan or otherwise)
- 2/3 cup coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chia or flax meal gelled w/ 3 tablespoons hot water or one egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda leave out if using an egg
- 2/3 cup sprouted brown rice flour (I use Planet Rice)
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour or other starch
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup gluten free graham cracker crumbles optional
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, grease an 8 x 8 pan (or line with parchment).
In the bowl of a mixer, beat the palm shortening through the vanilla until smooth and creamy.
With the mixer still running on medium low speed, sprinkle in the salt, guar gum, baking powder, and baking soda.
Continue with the flours.
Mix in the chocolate chips, graham crackers, and marshmallows.
Spread into the prepared pan to make more or less even.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until set in the middle.
Let cool completely to firm up!