Decadent Chocolate Torte w/ Raspberries – Gluten Free, Vegan, Paleo

Chocolate Raspberry Torte -GF Vegan Paleo

I went a wee bit crazy in the kitchen today.  I was experimenting with similar ingredients (although very different recipes).  I discovered a wonderful recipe on Chocolate Covered Katie’s website and just had to give it a go.

I have a chocolate torte recipe that has butter and eggs, so THAT was out, and this looked like it had potential!!

I added a few changes, but the technique is the same, and the results?  Well I certainly felt like I was having a rich and decadent dessert tonight!!  But I don’t have any guilt over it, and you won’t either!  If you don’t love chocolate, this recipe is NOT for you.  Otherwise…prepare your taste buds for a touch of the divine!

This recipe calls for coconut butter…a rich and lovely butter made from dried and unsweetened coconut shreds.  You can can make your own easily or buy it in the store ( a bit pricey).  I have also included directions if you do not have any of the butter on hand!

SPECIAL PAN OPTION:  I use some cute individual tart pans for these!

Chocolate Raspberry Torte -GF Vegan Paleo

Decadent Chocolate Fudge Torte w/ Raspberries – Gluten Free, Vegan, Paleo

• 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries, thawed if frozen
  • 3-4 tablespoons cocoa powder (to taste)
  • 1 cup unsweetened grated coconut, OR 6 tablespoons coconut butter
  • Scant ⅛ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ cup coconut nectar, honey, or maple syrup, add to taste. I like to replace 2 tablespoons of the sweetener with liquid stevia, about 12-16 drops!
  • ¼ cup allowed dark chocolate melted w/ 2 teaspoons coconut oil
  • Fresh or frozen raspberries for garnish
  1. First, make your own coconut butter if needed: Place the dried, unsweetened coconut in a food processor and process for about 7-10 minutes until a nut-butter consistency is reached. Periodically scrape down the sides. Please refer to my linked coconut butter post above for more detailed directions.
  2. When smooth, add in the remaining ingredients through the sweetener and process until uniformly smooth and mixed.
  3. Taste and add more sweetener if you like.
  4. Place into a greased loaf pan or two mini tart pans and place in the fridge to solidify.
  5. When ready to serve, drizzle with the melted chocolate and garnish with raspberries! Out of the fridge, this softens quickly, this is due to the coconut base. Coconut oil and coconut butter are solid at room temperature,but liquify when warmed. Coconut butter is the oil AND the coconut meat together, where the oil has the coconut solids removed.

Chocolate Raspberry Torte -GF Vegan Paleo

This recipe was shared on Natural Living MondayMostly Homemade Monday,  Fat Tuesday, Hearth & Soul, Tuesday Talent ShowTotally Tasty TuesdaysTasty Tuesdays, Tuesday Greens, Gluten Free Tuesday, Gluten Free WednesdaysWaste Not Want NotWildcrafting Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Fresh Foods Wednesday,Frugal Days Sustainable Ways,  Wellness Wednesdays Full Plate ThursdayThriving on ThursdaySimple Lives Thursday,   Pennywise PlatterWhole Foods FridayGF FridayWellness Weekend,  Fight Back FridaySimple Meal FridaySavouring Saturday,

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Dessert, Grain Free/Paleo, Vegan
28 comments on “Decadent Chocolate Torte w/ Raspberries – Gluten Free, Vegan, Paleo
  1. Raspberries and chocolate go so well together. Your torte looks delicious.The coconut must add a lovely flavour to the torte as well.

2. YUM Tessa, this looks so good! I love that you included coconut butter- on of my favs!

Thanks for submitting to Healthy Vegan Fridays :)

3. Tessa, you’re killing me with this torte! No bake, even? I’ll take it. Thanks for sharing it on GAPS Friendly Friday!

4. emily says:

wow! Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays at Nap-Time Creations. I have a new button that I would LOVE for you to put somewhere on your blog if you get a chance… oh and I am hosting a week of giveaways in honor of my blog birthday. A new one up every day. http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/02/blog-birthday-week-custom-fabric-abc.html

5. Gina says:

Oh, that looks beautiful! Thanks for the easy recipe :)

6. Chocolate is always a “yes” around here, this dessert looks delicious and easy to make — so that’s a triple yes! Thanks for sharing this on Hearth & Soul Hop. :)

This is a decadent dessert, your Chocolate Torte looks delicious. Hope you are having a great Valentine weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.

8. Oh my gosh, this looks heavenly… it doesn’t get much better than chocolate and raspberries!
    Thanks for sharing on Natural Living Monday!

9. Chaya says:

This is being featured at My Meatless Mondays. I couldn’t stop staring at the picture. It looks super yummy. thanks for sharing with us.

10. Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures’ Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

Check back tomorrow when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

11. Oh man, isn’t Katie’s dessert blog incredible?!?!?! This looks beautiful and delicious. Pinning. Thanks for linking at Healthy 2Day Wednesday!

12. Chocolate, no-bake and healthy to boot? No contest this recipe is a must! Thank you for sharing this with us and I hope to welcome you over at Seasonal Celebration again today! Rebecca @Natural Mothers Network x

13. Oh, Tessa. These are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing them at Raw Foods Thursdays! I am highlighting them this week!

14. Cindy Gordon says:

YUM YUM I am doing the YUM dance! Got this tweeted and pinned to our Gluten Free Fridays board! Amazing!

15. Vicky says:

This looks heavenly Tessa!

16. Betsy says:

This looks wonderful! I made it twice so far, but neither time did it ever get hard enough to come out of the tart pan. Do you freeze yours? Also, yours looks so smooth, even processed in a really good food processor, mine is still a little gritty.

Flavor is great and I just eat it like a pudding, but wondering how you get yours to come out of the pan like that.

Thanks!

• Yes, I do freeze it. But at room temp here in the NW, I am usually ok too, unless it is summer! The key to the smoothness is is the length of processing. Coconut butter will never get as smooth as the store bought stuff in a food processor, so if you want the super smoothness, I would buy the store bought coconut butter or coconut manna! Thanks Betsy!

17. Monica Green says:

I’m so happy to have found this page, thanks for all your hard work! What can I use instead of coconut (anything), we have an almond and coconut allergy in our family as well as gluten intolerance.
    THank you.

18. Melissa says:

My daughter is allergic to coconut, do you think I could substitute butter?

• I am pretty sure butter would not work here Melissa….what about a flourless cake? Coconut have some unique properties that cannot be mimicked by better in this case being solid when chilled

19. Julia says:

This looks amazing!
    Julia recently posted…Roses in the Snow Crepe RollsMy Profile

20. This looks absolutely amazing – another winning recipe that I can’t wait to try :)
    Cassidy @ Cassidy’s Craveable Creations recently posted…Paleo Sweet “Cornbread” MuffinsMy Profile

21. Raia says:

Mmm! I think I may need to go make this now… ;) Thanks for sharing it at Savoring Saturdays.
    Raia recently posted…Savoring Saturdays #3My Profile

22. featuring you :). Could you clarify what you mean by using 1/2 stevia? Thanks!
    Adrienne @ Whole New Mom recently posted…Borax. Is it as Safe as You Think?My Profile

23. Oh Tessa, how divine! I can’t wait to give this a try. It looks absolutely gorgeous. Thanks so much for linking up to Thriving on Thursday. I’m featuring this at tomorrow’s party.

Anne xx
    Anne @ Domesblissity recently posted…50 things about meMy Profile

1 Pings/Trackbacks for "Decadent Chocolate Torte w/ Raspberries – Gluten Free, Vegan, Paleo"