This gluten free vegan coffee cake with fresh cranberry and orange is a festive holiday breakfast made with wholesome ingredients. An amazing coffee cake that is moist with a perfect crumb. And all in your blender? Yup! (Don’t worry, if you do not have a high powered blender, you can still make this!)
I saw a recipe for a coffee cake done in your blender via the Blendtec blog, and knew I had to try and make it vegan, refined sugar, and gluten free!
It was a smashing success…everyone who has tried it agrees!
This momma appreciates that all the ingredients are wholesome, and that clean up is a snap since I get to use my favorite BlendTec blender. Seriously, this blender gets used at least once a day, usually multiple times! I make all sorts of nut butters, flours, our favorite egg free soaked teff bread weekly! An indispensable tool in a whole foods kitchen!
Different flavor variations for this gluten free vegan coffee cake:
You can change the fruits and zest if you like…I just adore the combination of fresh cranberries and orange together! Here are some ideas:
- blueberries and lemon. Don’t chop the blueberries.
- Fresh strawberries diced and small diced rhubarb. Orange would be good here too!
- No berries and the addition of a pumpkin pie spice and some chopped pecans!
- Chopped cherries with 1 teaspoon almond extract instead of the zest
- Blackberry and lime!
More gluten free breakfast ideas:
- Gorgeous to look at and irresistible to eat, my Cranberry Upside Down Cake is a show stopper!
- My kids love these Gluten Free Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, egg free too!
- Everyone loves these wholesome Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Donuts whenever I make them!
- This overnight breakfast casserole looks delish!
Gluten Free Vegan Coffee Cake Recipe:
If you try this yummy gluten free coffee cake, be sure to come back and leave a comment below!
Cranberry (Blender) Orange Coffee Cake - Gluten Free & Vegan
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk will depend on your apple size, start with 3/4 and add additional few tablespoons if you need it
- 3/4 cup palm sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or rainforest safe palm shortening
- 1 medium apple chunked and cored, peel still on
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flax meal or chia meal
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Zest of one orange Use a Microplane, there is NO better tool for this!
- 3/4 cup sprouted brown rice flour I am sure brown rice flour would work too, but sprouted brown rice flour is easier to digest and produces a finer crumb
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or rice flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or more to taste, chopped if preferred
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, grease a 9" spring-form pan, or and 9" pan
Pour the topping into a bowl, and place all the wet ingredients in the jar or bowl, and pulse to break up the apple and then puree until smooth and well combined.
Add the dry ingredients and cranberries, and pulse until roughly chopped and mostly combined. You can use a spatula to mix any last bits of flour in.
Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, then sprinkle the topping over.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes, or until a a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean,
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!