A paleo and keto breakfast that does not use eggs!! This creamy paleo oatmeal is ultra filling and satisfies for hours!
A creamy low-carb, keto, vegan, Whole 30 and paleo diet friendly breakfast! This paleo porridge will satisfy on any cold morning you need warming up!
Anyone on a paleo diet knows this feeling: I want something besides eggs and vegetables for breakfast!! So what is the answer?!! Keto oatmeal porridge made from nuts!!!
Someone, who knows how long ago ( ?!) came up with a brilliant idea: porridge made from soaked nuts!
I have seen more versions than I can shake a stick at, and they’re all variations on the same thing. Here is my version of a low carb oatmeal!
Creamy, nutty, rich, and oh so filling…you will be surprised how good a grain free porridge can taste AND how a little of it can carry you through your entire morning.
I have discovered in my venture with this diet that I don’t do well with lots of nuts and seeds.
I am currently experimenting with soaking the nuts to see if my body likes them anymore this way…this recipe is a reflection of that.
Soaking nuts ‘wakes’ the nut up like it would in the spring if it was to grow a new plant. By doing this, you reduce its protective lectins and phytase, which for some people….wreak havoc on their digestion.
But either way…soaked nuts = more absorbable nutrition for EVERYONE!
There is more information on soaking nuts in this post.
How to make this a keto oatmeal recipe?
When sugars are out….this can still be a great grain free porridge for those following the keto diet!
Simply omit the banana, and use some Lankanto Maple Syrup to sweeten!
Alternately, some favorite low carb sweetener along with some maple extract would also do the trick!
More paleo breakfast ideas?
- My Keto Instant Pot Quiche Cups have a silky texture that can’t be beat!
- This Lemon Smoothie is a full, nutritious meal!
- Incredibly moist and chocolaty Paleo Chocolate Butternut Muffins.
- Or maybe some paleo pancakes when you’re in the mood for some flapjacks!
- Egg muffins are always a hit!
Paleo Oatmeal Recipe:
If you try this paleo porridge, be sure to come back and leave a comment!
Paleo Maple-Nut Porridge w/ Banana
Creamy and hearty, this grain free hot cereal is so yummy, you will never miss the oats or grains!
- 1/2 cup soaked pecans or a mixture of your preferred nuts. I put some in a bowl overnight if I do not have any on hand. I have done this with part macadamia nuts, dreamy!
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter please refer to link above on how to easily make your own
- 1/2 very ripe banana a soaked medjool date would be another great option! Omit for keto
- 2 teaspoons real maple syrup omit for Whole30 and keto. Low carb syrup by Lankanto, or some maple flavoring would also work
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt to taste
If nuts are soaked, drain, and discard soaking water.
In a blender, place all the ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
Mixture will be thin. If you do not have a high powered blender the nuts will need to be soaked and NOT dehydrated.
Place mixture into a small saucepan over medium low heat.
Heat gently until thick and creamy. Serve.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!