I have never been a fudge lady, even when I was little. It was always overly sweet…and no wonder since the vast majority that were made in my childhood era included marshmallow creme!
If fudge had been made like THIS, I could have jumped on the bandwagon!
If you need a last minute something to throw together to bring to a party…this would be it..it takes under 5 minutes! It will need to set in the freezer for bit before you leave though, so be warned!
While still not necessarily slimming, this fudge is free of refined sugars, and has no nasty processed ingredients…and everyone can enjoy this treat as it is free of all major allergens.
TIP: Want a great vegan buttercream frosting? This is it! This fudge is so soft at room temp, it is just like a thick buttercream frosting….SO DELICIOUS!
PALEO/AIP/GAPS NOTE: To make this Paleo compliant, use all coconut oil and/OR ghee.
Love chocolate? Here are some more paleo and vegan chocolate treats you can try!
Easy Paleo Vegan Fudge/Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup fat choose from coconut oil or any allowed butter In this recipe, I used 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup vegan butter cubes
- 1/2 cup high quality cocoa powder remember, this is a KEY ingredient, so don't use a cheap cocoa powder, it will effect the taste dramatically! I like Dagoba, but there are many tasty one out there
- 1/4 cup liquid sweetener of choice maple syrup, honey, or coconut nectar You could add 1 or two more tablespoons of sweetener here to taste, or a few drops liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or other if you want to play with the flavors
- 1/4 teaspoonsea salt
- Optional add in's: natural corn-free peppermint candy canes crushed, chopped toasted nuts, tart dried fruits, cocoa nibs.
In a food processor ( I LOVE mine!), puree all ingredients until smooth.
Taste and adjust the sweetener if you prefer.
Line a bread pan with piece of parchment or waxed paper. Pour fudge into pan, place in the freezer or fridge to harden.
Remove and cut into desired pieces.
Store under refrigeration.