A refreshing paleo green mango smoothie to start your morning off right with a good dose of macronutrients!
Another smoothie brainstorm to keep my son nourished and satisfied!
Lemon is a great ingredient to have on hand when using leafy greens: it cuts their bitterness and hides them nicely so it does not feel like you are drinking a cup of grass!
If you do not have a high powered blender, just use lemon juice, fresh or otherwise.
The magical protein ingredient here is again, COLLAGEN!
Why should I add COLLAGEN to this green mango smoothie?
- It makes the smoothie satisfying (pure protein!) without adding any taste or texture to the end product.
- It is gut healing (bowel movements are extraordinarily healthy for my little guy now!). Read more about its healing properties here if you like.
- It is a real food, not a highly processed protein powder, so it is more easily used by our bodies.
- My fingernails…they have been crazy strong and long, TOTALLY out of character for me! Even my Rambo lifestyle of cooking, home improvement and gardening isn’t effecting them!
I now exclusively use Perfect Supplements brand as they have rigorous testing protocols to make sure their collagen is clean and free of all glyphosate! Pasture animals (like many in Argentina where a lot is sourced) graze of round up laced grasses….so this is an extra layer of assurance to make sure you are getting a CLEAN superfood! Use code ‘tessa10′ for 10% off any order.
Additional healthy smoothie recipes
- My Orange Smoothie is a celebration of citrus!
- One of my personal favs: Keto Lime Smoothie
- Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie is creamy and thick.
- Keto Chocolate Shake could almost be called a milkshake!
- How about this anti-inflammatory blueberry smoothie?
If you try this nutrition loaded smoothie, be sure to come back and leave a comment below!
Green Mango Smoothie - Paleo, Nut Free, Full Meal
A tropical smoothie with a perfect balance of healthy fats, protein and macronutrients to satiate!
- 12 ounces water or non dairy milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream fat from top of the can OR coconut butter
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 cup mango chunks frozen
- 1/ 2 cup peaches frozen, or more mango
- 1/2 banana may replace with some stevia or sweetener to omit
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 wedge lemon seeded (with peel) If your lemons are not great or have lots of white pith or are old and stiff, just use lemon juice, 1-2 tablespoons.
- 2 tablespoons collagen omit for vegan. Use code 'tessa10' for 10% off any order
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- Stevia to taste or any preferred sweetener
Place all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!