Luscious vegan gluten free zucchini bread that is also free of eggs and dairy too!! With a lovely, soft crumb, this tender zucchini bread will satisfy that classic taste!
A zucchini bread free of gluten, dairy, eggs, and refined sugars!
With so many zucchinis spurting forth from my garden, I needed to create zucchini bread recipe, I am long overdo!
Sometimes you get lucky the very first go around, and this time, I did!
Ultra moist and fragrant with a tender crumb, this bread was everything I had hoped it would be! What better way to use up some of those last zucchinis of summer and get a veggie serving at the same time?!
Any goodie that gets some extra veg into my kids a HUGE plus for me!
Can I use a HUGE zucchini from my garden?
I know I am not the only one who neglects my zucchini plant for a few days and returns to find a ‘zukezilla‘!
If you find yourself in possession of one such gigantic zucchini, it is important to note that zucchinis at this size are rarely good for anything BUT shredding and grating.
Before using, slice in half, and use a spoon to scoop out the soft and mushy center and large seeds….this pulp contains too much water and is not good for eating or grating and will make your end bread too wet!
Vegan gluten free zucchini bread shortcut:
Since originally making this, I have taken to a super quick and one bowl method: my food processor!! It makes clean up and prep a snap!
Simply place all liquid ingredients into the food processor bowl (WITH zucchini chunks), and puree until smooth. Sprinkle in the dry and pulse a few times to mix well, and done! Ready for your greased loaf pan!
Can I use different flours in this gluten free zucchini bread?
I love to experiment with different gluten free flours when I bake! I created this handy information sheet covering some of my favorite gluten free flours. It will help you sub what you have on hand.
Do you have a gluten free all purpose on hand? If it contains gum, omit the additional gum in the recipe. Not all flour and mixes have the same taste or end texture…so no guarantees!
If you would like MORE gluten free zucchini recipes?
- Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread w/ Hemp
- Gluten Free Zucchini Rice Casserole
- Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Shrimp Arrabbiata w/ Zucchini Spaghetti
Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Recipe:
If you try this gluten free zucchini bread, be sure to come back and leave a comment!
Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups zucchini grated
- 1 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar or other granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup avocado oil melted coconut oil, or any light tasting oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice this reacts with the soda for rise
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid stevia optional, mimics 1/4 cup sweetener, depends on your sweet tooth
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup gluten free oat flour for oat free, use part millet, part sorghum
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon could add more if you like
- 1 teaspoon guar gum or 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips optional, but everything is better with chocolate!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the zucchini, applesauce, sugar, oil, vanilla and stevia, mix well.
Sprinkle in the dry ingredients in order over the top,
Carefully whisk the dry ingredients together before incorporating the wet ingredients.
Stir in chocolate chips, and the lemon juice/ACV.
Pour batter into prepared mini loaves or regular loaf pan. (I used 4 mini loaves).
Bake for 30 minutes (for mini loaves), and 50 minutes for a regular loaf. A knife inserted in the middle should come out clean, and you may need to bake longer to achieve this (moisture content of zucchini will vary).
Cool for 10 minutes and invert on a cooling rack to cool the rest of the way.