Thank you to Kim @ Cook It Allergy Free for this perfect and totally allergy friendly granola bar.
I have been experimenting with a TON of granola bar recipes, and while many were good, they were not quite the texture I was looking for: soft and chewy. This bar is just as versatile as other granola bar recipes in that you can choose your own favorite seeds, nuts, and dried fruit pieces to mix in to make it your perfect bar (Kim has some fabulous add-in ideas if you need inspiration).
What I love best about this bar is that I could easily make it totally allergy-friendly so that my youngest could actually eat them.
Lisa, over at Allergy Free Vintage Cookery and I were lamenting how so many granola bars out there come touting healthy claims, but one look at the ingredients send many moms running to the hills!
Not the case here, feed these to your family happily: totally nutritious, and most important, totally delicious!!
How do you like YOUR granola bars? Let us know what creative combinations you come up with and how it turns out!
Heavenly Gluten Free-Vegan Soft & Chewy Granola Bars
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour or brown rice
- 1/3 cup palm sugar much lower glycemic index than cane sugar, about $4-5/pound or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quinoa flakes or more oats if you don't have them, but totally worth it!
- 1/4 cup chia meal or flax meal, or any ground seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried fruit of choice I used raisins
- 1/4 cup chia seeds or other seed of choice
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 chia or flax 'egg' 1 tablespoon meal mixed with 3 tablespoons hot water, let set for a minute or more to gelYou could also use 1 egg
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil or light olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup - I think honey or agave would work just as well here
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan, set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients through the chocolate chips. Pour in the 'egg,' oil, syrup, and vanilla and mix thoroughly with your hands so that all ingredients are moistened and mixed.
Press into the prepared pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes until just golden around the edges. Resist the urge to dig in right away, the set better as they cool!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!