Loaded with healthy fats, protein, and bright lime flavor, these paleo energy bars are a tropical trip to paradise for your taste buds! Using brazil nuts, hemp, and lime, these bites are nutritious AND delicious!
I especially love that they can quickly and easily to made in your food processor bowl: efficient and quick clean up!
Plenty of heathy fats and protein, these nutritious bars will provide a healthy on the go snack and quick burst of energy on the trail.
This recipe was born of a flavor combo of some shortbread cookie I had in my past.
A magical combination of Brazil nuts and lime.
Before those cookies…Brazil nuts were very under appreciated in my world. Now I wonder how I didn’t always love them. SO buttery and SO nutritious!
Health benefits of these paleo energy bars:
- BRAZIL NUTS: Just TWO Brazil nuts gives you enough of the trace mineral selenium’s RDA…a nutrient key in the function of your thyroid and metabolism and very hard to get in our food. It is also a great antioxidant, combating those free radicals we encounter in our day-to-day lives.
- HEMP HEARTS: Hemp hearts are another nutritious addition, touted for their highly digestible protein content, as well as containing all 9 essential amino acids. It also has high amounts of plant based essential fatty acids.
- COCONUT BUTTER: a healthy fat full of lauric acid, this helps boost your immune system, your metabolism, and also helps keep you full longer!
Since I am always looking for new and creative grab and go snacks, this one was a fun one for me. A twist on some of my family’s favorites, but in a totally new flavor profile.
Your taste buds will thank you for something new, unique, and fresh!
Special ingredients for these paleo bars:
- You can use my homemade coconut butter or any store bought. This stuff is seriously addicting!!
- Hemp hearts are a nutritional power house, you should definitely get these into your diet!!
Other recipes with hemp!
- Pumpkin Oat Hemp Muffins
- Paleo Chocolate Hemp Zucchini Bread
- These keto breakfast cookies are on my list to try!
- I love cookies, so these hemp and chia cookies look great!
Paleo Energy Bars w/ Lime, Hemp, & Brazil Nuts Recipe:
If you try these paleo energy bites, be sure to come back and leave a comment!
Paleo Brazil Nut, Lime, & Hemp Power Bars
A quick and easy no bake energy bar recipe that is loaded with everything you need for a nutritious pick me up! Lime, coconut, and brazil nuts are the stars!
- 1/2 cup whole brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates about 6
- 1/4 cup coconut butter see my links on how to make your own above
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup unsweetened grated coconut, toasted. See above notes for method
- Zest of one lime
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Stevia to sweeten, totally optional, I like these as is
In the bowl of a food processor (I absolutely LOVE mine and could not live without it!), place the brazil nuts, dates, coconut butter and hemp hearts.
Process to create a chunky, but cohesive mixture, or until the dates are indistinguishable.
Add in the remaining ingredients and process until well blended and the mixture willingly presses together.
Press into a wax paper lined mini loaf pan (or any pan, I like my thicker and smaller!) You can also roll little balls, as you prefer.
Firm them up in the fridge, cut and store in an airtight container, in the fridge or freezer.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!