Vegan pesto made with vitamin rich kale!! You’ll be amazed how flavorful and delicious a completely dairy free pesto can be! Whole30 and keto friendly, this basil garlic sauce will add loads of flavor to a variety of dishes!
Dairy free pesto is totally possible! I had to find a way to enjoy this favorite sauce while still eliminating dairy, and this recipe worked like a charm!
My girls are obsessed with pesto noodles, and this recipe is what convinced them!
Now, when I get store bought pesto for a time saver…they turn their noses up at it and wonder where to ‘good stuff’ is!
How to use your dairy free pesto:
there are SO many awesome ways to utilize this sauce. It add instant flavor to a variety of cooked foods. Here are just a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing!
- This keto pesto casserole with, chicken, and bacon is addicting!
- Mixed into a vinaigrette
- As a topping for sweet potatoes
- Tossed with any roasted or cooked veggies, like these brussel sprouts, or this sauteed broccoli.
- Mixed in with mayonnaise for a tasty sandwich spread or steamed artichoke dip!
- As a fun addition to tuna casserole
- Mixed in some scrambled eggs
What about you? What creative ways do you like to use YOUR pesto?
Need more convincing? Read this informative article on the health benefits of kale!
Here are some favorite kale recipes:
Vegan Pesto Recipe:
If you try this dairy free pesto, be sure to come back and leave a comment!
Vegan Kale Pesto
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup kale leaves, steamed, about 3-4 minutes in my steamer
- 6 tablespoons pine nuts toasted (may soak for 7 or more hours first to increase digestibility)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2-3 small cloves garlic raw garlic is so powerful, I am careful with it!
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt to taste
Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth!
Makes about 1 cup total
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!