Today marks the official launch of Hallie (from Daily Bites) new eBook, Crazy for Kale.
I was more than excited to participate in this fun party to celebrate a cookbook devoted entirely to one of my very favorite vegetables: KALE!!!!
Hallie has written several cookbooks and I have always found her recipes top-notch. The Pure Kitchen and Super Healthy Cookies are two cookbooks that use healthy ingredients great for lots of food lifestyles.
Crazy for Kale is no different!! Vegan, Paleo, kid-friendly…Hallie has a bit everything in this cookbook with some really creative uses for this beloved dark green (Grain-free Chocolate Brownies anyone?!)!
Kale can be a sorely under appreciated super food, so having an arsenal of 40 recipes to find ways of enjoying it is a fabulous idea! Some fellow bloggers and I have volunteered to help Hallie get the word out about this new eBook, and also agreed to share a kale recipe of our very own. SO on top of the FOURTY great recipes in her book, you can also visit each blogger’s page today for even more inspiring ideas on how to use it!
- Ricki at Diet, Dessert and Dogs (www.dietdessertndogs.com)
- Alyssa at Queen of Quinoa (www.queenofquinoa.me)
- Elana at Elana’s Pantry (www.elanaspantry.com)
- Lexie at Lexie’s Kitchen (www.lexieskitchen.com)
- Alta at Tasty Eats at Home (www.tastyeatsathome.com)
- Johnna at In Johnna’s Kitchen (www.injohnnaskitchen.com)
- Amy at Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free (www.simplysugarandglutenfree.
- Kim at Cook IT Allergy Free (www.cookitallergyfree.com/
- Maggie at She Let Them Eat Cake (www.sheletthemeatcake.com)
- Hallie at Daily Bites of course! (www.dailybitesblog.com)
For my kale submission, I decided to finally post a vegan pesto recipe I have been using for some time…but this time I tried it with half kale leaves and LOVED it!! Pesto is such a versatile spread, here are some ways I like use it:
- Mixed into a vinaigrette
- As a topping for sweet potatoes
- With spaghetti squash
- Mixed in with mayonnaise for a tasty sandwich spread or steamed artichoke dip!
- As a fun addition to tuna casserole
- Broiled w/ fresh tomatoes
- Mixed in some scrambled eggs
What about you? What creative ways do you like to use YOUR pesto?
Need more convincing? Read this informative article on the health benefits of kale!
Vegan Kale Pesto & Crazy For Kale Launch party!
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup steamed kale leaves about 3-4 minutes in my steamer
- 6 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2-3 small cloves garlic raw garlic is so powerful, I am careful with it!
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt to taste
Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth!
Remember, you can get your own copy of Hallie’s new book, Crazy for Kale all for your very own! Find out new ways to enjoy this super-food and integrate more of it into your diet!
Here are two of our family’s favorite kale recipes:
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!