You can cook these at higher temperatures, but they go from being done to burnt in seconds instead of minutes…so it is much trickier.
Makes 2 very large, addictive servings@ 263 calories, 16.9 g fat, 23.5 g carbs, 3.2 g fiber, .4 g sugar, 6.3 g protein
- 1 head Lacinato (Dinosaur), or Curly Kale
- 2 tablespoons (rough) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional flavor ideas: sesame seeds, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, maple syrup,sesame oil. The options are really limitless.I have used Annie's Asian Sesame Dressing even.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Rinse and dry your kale leaves.
- Using your hands or a knife, remove the thick, coarse stems. I just tear the leaves off in chunks away from the thick rib. No exact size necessary, make them as perfect or not perfect as you like.
- In a bowl large enough to accommodate all the leaves, make your dressing by whisking all the ingredients together.
- Place the leaves in the bowl and using your hands, toss and rub the dressing throughout all the leaves making sure they are all coated.
- Place in a SINGLE layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Check your leaves, they should be crisp and crunchy, if not, put back in the oven for a few minutes until they are. Just be careful, when they burn, they taste bitter! I put 2 cookie sheets in at a time to speed the process up with success. This recipe usually fills about 2-3 cookie sheets. Taste the first batch, and if you'd like to add a wee bit more salt before cooking the next batch, now is the time!
- Store in an airtight container. I recommend eating them within a day.
|Something he DOESN’T react too!|
|Being silly too|
This recipe was shared on Ingredient Challenge Monday, My Meatless Mondays, Calling All Salads, Sunday Scoop, Nifty Thrifty Sundays, Meatless Mondays, The Sensitive Pantry, Tuesday Time Out, and Traditional Tuesdays, Sugar Free Sunday, Monday Mania, Melt In Your Mouth Monday, My Meatless Monday,Monday Mania, Make Your OWn Monday, Made From Scratch Mondays, The Better Mom’s Linky, Fat Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Hearth & Soul, Gluten Free Wednesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Kids in the Kitchen, This Chick Cooks, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Whole Foods Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday, Real Food Wednesdays,Thriving on Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Wellness Weekend, Fight Back Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, It’s a Piece of Cake