Call it an appetizer Call it an awesome dip or salad. Call it whatever you want. This recipe is so refreshing and perfect for a snack or a lunch.
Fresh vibrant vegetables set off by a bright lemon dressing.
This goes together quickly, and tastes even better if it has a bit to sit and marinate in the fridge.
- ½ pound smoked turkey, cut into ¼” cubes
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup blanched, chopped green beans
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallots or fresh Spring onions (more if you like raw onion)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil OR 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (I didn’t have any on hand yet!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise of choice (optional), you can make your own too!
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Place all the ingredients together in a bowl and toss.
- Serve with Belgian endive spears, Romain, butter lettuce, celery, or your favorite crackers.
This recipe was shared over at Mostly Homemade Monday, Motivation Monday, Natural Living Monday, Make Your Own Monday, Fat Tuesday, Hearth & Soul, Traditional Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasteful Tuesday, Eco Kids Tuesday, Gf Wednesday, Well-Fed Wednesday, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Whole Foods Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Wildcrafting Wednesday, Tasty Traditions. Thank Your Body, Full Plate Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Whole Foods Friday, GF Fridays, Lunchbox Love, Simple Meals Friday,