Call it an appetizer Call it an awesome dip or salad. Call it whatever you want. This recipe is so refreshing and perfect for a snack or a lunch.
Fresh vibrant vegetables set off by a bright lemon dressing.
This goes together quickly, and tastes even better if it has a bit to sit and marinate in the fridge.
- ½ pound smoked turkey, cut into ¼" cubes
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup blanched, chopped green beans
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallots or fresh Spring onions (more if you like raw onion)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil OR 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (I didn't have any on hand yet!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise of choice (optional), you can make your own too!
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Place all the ingredients together in a bowl and toss.
- Serve with Belgian endive spears, Romain, butter lettuce, celery, or your favorite crackers.
This recipe was shared on This recipe was shared over at Mostly Homemade Monday, Natural Living Monday, Naturally Sweet Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday, Hearth & Soul, Tasteful Tuesday, Gf Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Wellness Wednesday, Thank Your Body, Full Plate Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Whole Foods Friday, GF Fridays, Simple Meals Friday, Real Food Recipe Round Up,