This smoked turkey salad makes a perfect lunch and is a healthy alternative to to any sandwich! Low carb, keto, and Whole30 approved, this flavorful salad makes an amazing lunch and packs easily for trips and hiking adventures!
Call it an appetizer Call it an awesome dip. Or maybe call it a salad like me!!
Call it whatever you want!
This recipe is so refreshing and perfect for a snack or a lunch.
Fresh crunchy, and vibrant vegetables are mixed together with the smoky turkey and set off by a bright lemon dressing.
This salad goes together quickly, and tastes even better if it has a bit to sit and marinate in the fridge.
Smoked turkey salad tip:
I asked my deli for a 1/4″ thick slice of of natural (i.e. no fillers or gluten!) smoked turkey: this made cubing super easy!
Fresh summer salad meal ideas:
Want some more delicious ideas for those hot weather days? Here are some additional recipes that require no cooking!
- Paleo Artichoke Salad
- Mexican Quinoa Salad: Use leftover or pre-made quinoa for a perfect vegetarian full meal! Packs beautifully for picnics or outdoor barbecues!
- Paleo Italian Salad @ 40 Aprons
- Paleo Avocado Chicken Salad @ Unbound Wellness
- Whole 30 Tuna Salad @ Well Fed
Serving suggestions for this turkey salad:
- With individual spears of Belgian endive or crunchy romain
- Atop a bed of mixed greens with a basic lemon/olive oil/sea salt/pepper dressing
- With your favorite cracker or chip. We love the grain free Siete Tortilla Chips! Pictured are the Mary’s Gone Crackers gluten free crackers.
- On the trail, I pack an avocado and a pocket knife and spoon. Then, with each spoonful of avocado, I also scoop up turkey salad!
- Have you seen the new jicama wraps at Trader Joe’s?! There are seriously amaze-balls, and this is a perfect salad to wrap up in them!
Smoked Turkey Salad Recipe:
Did you try this? Please come back and leave a comment below!
Paleo Smoked Turkey & Crunchy Vegetable Salad
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup blanched green beans chopped
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallots or green onion, more if you like raw onion
- 2 teaspoons dried basil OR 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil. I didn't have any on hand yet!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise I prefer my homemade!
- 1 tablespoon capers
Place all the ingredients together in a bowl and toss.
Serve with Belgian endive spears, Romain, butter lettuce, celery, or your favorite crackers.