This artichoke salad is a unique way to eat up one of nature’s most beloved vegetables: artichoke hearts! Whether you eat it as a salad or use it as a dip, this dish is a healthy and flavorful addition to your summer menus! As an added bonus, it is low carb, Whole30 approved, and keto!
While I have a traditional Paleo hot artichoke dip, however this dip is just as delicious and healthy too!
It is perfect for hot weather days when an oven seems like too much bother….we’ve all been there on sweltering summer days!
I love how a few simple ingredients can marry and create something so divine. This artichoke tapenade has an Italian flare, and any guest would be happy to gobble this down as an appetizer or a low calorie salad. I love to eat it for a quick snack too, and since my husband won’t touch artichokes (silly man!) it means I get more for myself!
This is thrown together in 10 minutes, and does even better as it marinates in the fridge for a few hours. Enjoy!
Want Some Additional Hot Weather Recipes?
- Paleo Fudgesicles are ultra creamy and sinful tasting, but still manage to be good for you! Kids LOVE these!
- Strawberries n Cream Popsicles and healthy and refreshing! No dairy!
- Smoked Turkey Salad is one of my favorite no cook meals!
- Bring along Costco chicken salad for a great picnic!
Paleo | Keto Artichoke Salad Recipe:
Cold Artichoke Dip w/ Homemade Garlic Crostinis
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 2 oz jar pimentos chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons pecorino romano grated , optional, omit for vegan or Whole30
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Mix all the dip ingredients together and store in the fridge to allow the flavors to marry and marinate.
Make Your Crostinis
Slice your bread slices into halves or quarters as desired.
Mix together the remaining crostini ingredients in a separate small bowl.
Using a pastry brush, lightly spread each side of the bread slices with the olive oil mixture and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Place the toasts in a preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes until golden and crispy.
If you would like both sides to be evenly golden, flip the toasts half way through the baking time.
Serve along side the artichoke tapenade!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!