In my quest to finally create a chocolate version of my ever popular “Hail Merry Knock-Off” series, I finally did it!! I was REALLY craving one of my lemon tarts with the coming of spring….so I killed two birds with one stone and created this Paleo raw chocolate tart too!
Hail Merry Tarts are delicious raw tarts that you can find in the refrigerator section of many natural food stores. They are a great little treat to have; loaded with healthy fats and delicious flavor. Paleo, refined sugar free, dairy free, vegan…..so many people can safely enjoy these! The Paleo raw chocolate tart is just one of their many wonderful flavors.
I choose to make my own when I am home to save some money and tweak the flavors to my personal preferences.
These are exceedingly rich and decadent…..but they still maintain nourishing ingredients to fuel your body. Not nearly as labor intensive as they would seem, these beautiful little tarts come together in a snap! They can be made as one giant tart, or into bars in an 8 x 8 (or similar) pan!
My other knock-off tarts and macaroons include:
- 1 cup raw almonds or pecans
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoonsunsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup honey, coconut nectar, (can use a low carb sweetener like Sukrin)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked a minimum of one hour, longer great!
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup full fat canned coconut milk or homemade thick and creamy nut milk, or water
- ½ cup dark chocolate, melted (I used Enjoy Life Dark Morsels)
- ¼ cup honey, coconut nectar , or for low carb Sukrin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For the crust, process almonds or pecans and cocoa powder in a food processor until you have a meal/flour consistency.
- Add in remaining crust ingredients and pulse until well blended. You should be able to press the mixture together into a crust, add more honey or other liquid if necessary.
- Press into greased individual tartlet pans, muffin tins, or make them into a bar using an 8 x 8 pan.
- For the filling, process all ingredients until silky smooth (multiple minutes).
- Taste and add more sweetener if you prefer,
- Spread/Pour into the awaiting crust, and refrigerate or freeze until it firms upt!! Heaven!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!