This ultra creamy and rich paleo chocolate tart is no bake, and loaded with good-for-you ingredients! With minimal effort, you can make a dessert EVERYONE will be clamoring for!
In my quest to finally create a chocolate version of my ever popular “Hail Merry Knock-Off” series, I finally did it!!
I was REALLY craving one of my lemon tarts with the coming of spring….so I killed two birds with one stone and created this Paleo raw chocolate tart too!
Dense, creamy, and SO chocolaty…this dessert is good for you and surprisingly easy to make!
Hail Merry Tarts are delicious raw tarts that you can find in the refrigerator section of many natural food stores. They are a great little treat to have; loaded with healthy fats and delicious flavor. Paleo, refined sugar free, dairy free, vegan…..so many people can safely enjoy these! The Paleo raw chocolate tart is just one of their many wonderful flavors, and it is always great to healthy options available when need strikes!
I choose to make my own when I am home to save some money and tweak the flavors to my personal preferences.
These tarts are exceedingly rich and decadent…..but they still maintain nourishing ingredients to fuel your body. Not nearly as labor intensive as they would seem, these beautiful little tarts come together in a snap! They can be made as one giant tart, or into bars in an 8 x 8 (or similar) pan! In these pictures, I used my silicon mini muffin tin!
Can I make these a low carb or keto no bake chocolate tart?
You bet!! While the cashews are necessary to achieve the creamy texture, the sweeteners can easily be subbed out for a low carb alternative. I have entertained the idea of trying to use raw macadamia nuts since there are lower in carbs but still exceedingly creamy. But I haven’t yet.
- Lily’s Chocolate is my favorite stevia sweetened brand for the chocolate
- In the crust AND filling, you can use a low carb sticky sweetener or a powdered version, I have tried both no issues!
- If you want a straight up nut crust with no coconut, then see my dairy free pumpkin cheesecake tarts with use only nuts for a low carb crust.
My other knock-off no bake tarts and macaroons include:
- The original, and one I simply can’t get enough of: Lemon Tarts
- My Raw Chocolate Macaroons are so darn easy to make, don’t miss them!
- With their beautiful pink hue, these Strawberry Macaroons are a special treat!
Additional no bake desserts:
- Berries and chocolate always a good combo in my world: No Bake Gluten Free Raspberry Cream Pie
- My family loves to combine these trusty ingredients: No Bake Low Carb Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
- My dairy free mousse is so darn easy, even your kids can make it for you! Mine do!
- These cake truffles are kid favorite…one taste and you will see why!
Paleo Raw Chocolate Tarts Recipe:
If you try this recipe, I want to hear about it! Please a comment and star rating below!
Paleo & Raw Chocolate Tart - Hail Merry Knock-Off
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked a minimum of one hour, longer great!
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup full fat canned coconut milk or homemade thick and creamy nut milk, or even warm water!
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips melted (Lily's brand is my fav for low carb)
- ¼ cup honey coconut nectar , or for low carb Sukrin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
For the crust, process almonds or pecans and cocoa powder in a food processor until you have a meal/flour consistency.
Add in remaining crust ingredients and pulse until well blended. You should be able to press the mixture together into a crust, run the processor longer if needed to release some of the natural oils and the crust presses together easily.
Press into greased individual tartlet pans, muffin tins, or make them into a bar using an 8 x 8 pan.
Process all ingredients until silky smooth (multiple minutes).
Taste and add more sweetener if you prefer,
Pour into the awaiting crust, and refrigerate or freeze until it firms up!! Heaven!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!