This dairy free chocolate mousse is so simple to make and so creamy, you would never believe there is no cream!! Made with healthy ingredients, this recipe is suitable for paleo, low carb, and gluten free diets! A perfect healthy dessert for days when it is is warm, as everything is done in your food processor or blender!
Swoon!! Silky, creamy, fudgy goodness that is actually healthy for you!
This paleo chocolate mousse is a rich and decadent dessert with benefits!
A super quick treat that will send your taste-buds straight into chocolate heaven.
Even better, it is perfect for these summer months when many are loathe to turn on the heat to cook ANYTHING!
This dairy free mousse whips up easily in either your high powered blender or food processor = fast! Kind of like my addicting dairy free raspberry cheesecake bars!
Quick, easy, and ridiculously smooth and chocolaty. You can garnish this vegan chocolate mousse with any fresh fruit of the season and a dollop of your favorite whipped coconut cream, or some toasted coconut meat!
Additional paleo chocolate treats?
- These raw chocolate tarts require no oven and are a decadent treat! A Hail Merry Copycat!
- My kids love making this strawberry chocolate tart all by themselves!
- These paleo vegan brownies require an oven, but who cares when they are egg, grain, dairy, and nut free?!
- if you like quick and easy, this keto mug cookie with chocolate chips fits the bill!
How to top your paleo mousse?
While delicious all by itself, here are a couple of ideas!
- Whipped cream! Either coconut or dairy, you pick!
- fresh chopped in season berries of choice. Because chocolate-berries. Enough said!
- Shaved chocolate!
- toasted coconut shavings
Dairy Free Chocolate Mousse Recipe:
If you try this creamy dairy free mousse, be sure to come back and leave your feedback below!
Dairy Free Chocolate Mousse - Paleo Friendly
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked for a couple of hours minimum, strained
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk I link to my favorite brand for flavor and the fact is has no fillers or thickeners! Cream also works if dairy is tolerated.
- 1/2 cup berries of choice, I used a frozen cherry/raspberry/blueberry combo
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao
- 1/4 cup honey or favorite low carb sweetener, doesn't have to be a liquid sweetener. This is to taste, add more if you like.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt 1/16 to 1/8 teaspoon to taste, optional
Puree until super smooth and no fruit pieces are detectable. Let your taste-buds tell you...think silky! Can take multiple minutes in a food processor.
Be sure to taste for sweetness. Since cutting out cane sugar, I use much less sweetener than I used to, so again, taste to make sure it is what YOU are looking for!
Divide into 4 ramekins or other small dishes and place in fridge to chill and set.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!