A perfect holiday gift that goes together in 10 minutes, tastes delicious, and lets you personalize to your heart’s content!! Of course it is vegan AND Paleo too! These salted chocolate clusters are a real treat!
This recipe is SO darn easy…even my kids can make these all by themselves!
You will love these beautiful candies and have fun coming up with your own variations.
INGREDIENT NOTE AND WHY FAIR TRADE CHOCOLATE IS IMPORTANT:
In this recipe, I have used some unsweetened chocolate to further reduce the sugar and make an exceptionally dark chocolate. You can use any chocolate you like….milk, semisweet, dark, or homemade! It will all work…do it to your sweet preference!
Why Fair Trade Certified Chocolate is Important:
Whatever chocolate you choose, please select a Fair Trade Certified Chocolate. In this way, we can be sure our treats are NOT being created on the backs of children and their impoverished families. Please read more about why I choose Fair Trade Certified chocolate here. Or another great article here.
A couple of my favorite brands I regularly buy (there ARE MORE, LOOK FOR THE “FAIR TRADE CERTIFIED” LOGO):
Keto Chocolate Treat? Low Carb Chocolate?
If you follow a keto diet or are watching your carbs this holiday season, there is no reason you can not enjoy a treat too!! Here are the options with this recipe:
- Make your own keto chocolate! Cocoa butter is SO magical….I try and find ways to use it everywhere! It’s important to by fairly sourced, food grade, quality coco butter, I really like this one. Castaway Kitchen has a recipe using cocoa butter you could try!
- Lily’s Sweet Stevia Sweetened chocolate is really amazing and can be used in all it’s forms!!
- Skip the dried fruits and stick to lower carb additions (nuts and seeds, cocoa nibs, toasted coconut, etc)
Add In Options:
These clusters are infinitely adaptable! Here are some ideas of things you could try to create your own special version!
- Any nuts (pecans, macadamia)
- Seeds (hemp, sunflower)
- Crystallized ginger
- diced soft dried mango
- rice crispy style cereal
- favorite granola
Want some more homemade Paleo candy ideas?
Salted Chocolate Clusters – Paleo | Vegan Recipe:
10 Minute Paleo Salted Dark Chocolate Nut & Fruit Clusters
- 9 ounces dark chocolate
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate (this reduces the sugar content further for an extra dark chocolate. For a low carb version, you could use ALL unsweetened chocolate and sweeten to taste using stevia and erythritol.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or palm shortening
- 1 1/2 cups toasted nuts I used whole almonds
- 1/2 cup whole dried cranberries or cherries, to taste
- flaked sea salt
Melt your chocolate and palm shortening. I use a microwave or the stove top. It is important when using a microwave not to burn your chocolate and cause it to seize. I heat for 1 minute and 30 seconds, and if necessary, additional 30 second increments. Refer to the picture below to notice how there are still visible chunks of chocolate, but some visible melted chocolate as well. From here, you continue to stir it until smooth and fully melted.
Stir in your nuts and fruit of choice. There should be no additional chocolate pooling in the bottom of the bowl, add more nuts and fruit if necessary.
Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a wax paper or parchment lined cookie sheet. I use my beloved silicon baking sheets! Shape as necessary.
Sprinkle with a touch of coarse sea salt.
Place the pan into the freezer to hasten hardening.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!