I died and went to heaven.
These little morsels were insanely quick to make and SO much better than any Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup! No allergens, no refined sugars…I can almost call these health food!
These quickly became a favored treat with my kids…and they like to regularly make them all by themselves. Of course I have to be in the mood for an epic melted chocolate mess…but most days I can manage!
Different Shapes? Short Cut?
- While I like to make these in a mini muffin tin to monitor the size…they can be made in larger muffin tins, candy molds, or even in bar form!
Keto or Low Carb?
Give these a whirl…but be warned, they are ADDICTIVE!!
It is delicious with or without the chocolate, and needs to be stored in the freezer!
Can I use Different Nut or Seed Butters?
You bet! I use whatever I have on hand!!
Want Some More Homemade Real Food Candies To Try?
- Mint Truffles
- Raspberry Chocolate Truffles
- Salted Chocolate Clusters
- Paleo Toffee Caramels
- Paleo Almond Joys
- Paleo See’s Candies @Recipes to Nourish
- Blueberry Gummies @ What Great Grandma Ate
Paleo ‘Peanut Butter’ Cups Recipe:
Healthy Paleo"Peanut Butter" Cups
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter Trader Joe's or any nut butter of your liking!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened (it's solid at room temp)
- 1/4-1/2 cup honey or any liquid sweetener to taste. I like about 5 tablespoons. I have also used half stevia to keep sugar lower
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt optional
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips melted
Blend all ingredients (except chocolate) in a mixer or food processor until smooth.
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. DO NOT OVER-HEAT THEM...it makes them gritty and tough. I always start with a minute, stir and do 20-30 second increments after that. When about 2/3 are melted, I just keep stirring until all are melted.
Line a muffin tin (all I had was large paper muffin liners, but these would be perfect in mini muffins too).
Pour a tablespoon or so of melted chocolate into paper liner, and brush the chocolate up the sides, no need to be exact (anyone who knows me knows I am more about taste than looks, not patient enough for the pretty details!) The chocolate will harden almost instantly as you brush it up the sides.
Fill with the sunbutter filling, and place in the freezer.
Store under refrigeration or in the freezer! You could always use a zester to put some pretty chocolate curls on top, or a few extra chocolate chips.
Another simplified way is to do the whole seed butter mixture in an 8 x 8 pan and spread the melted chocolate over the top.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!