I know have told you before: chocolate chip cookies have a special place in our family’s heart. We love to bring a batch of my gluten free oatmeal cookies along on hikes, and these vegan no bake cookies are always a hit!
I think you could call us connoisseurs, or even cookie snobs if you like. We love our cookies (for better or worse!)
This recipe did not start out as an attempt to make chocolate chip cookies, nope!!
I was after a cookie crust for a lemon bar. I was perusing a lovely, idea-inspiring cookbook called Allergy Proof Recipes for Kids, and stumbled upon a recipe referred to as “Brown Sugar Dough.” and figured it would work well. I inadvertently made a whole batch instead of half, so I had extra to play with.
After tasting the first batch, I made a few tweaks, added some chocolate chips, and, VOILA!! The best real-chocolate chip cookie tasting but completely allergen free version of any cookie I have tried (made or bought) yet!!
I had several people test them out who have no sensitivities, and they thought they were lovely…the perfect texture AND taste.
One bite of these, and you won’t believe they are allergen free, or that it took so few ingredients and was so easy to make!
Trust me on this one, you won’t be disappointed!
Additional allergy free recipes:
- my paleo chocolate avocado cookies are top 8 free!
- Healthy mango sticky rice is a tropical treat!
- These gourmet marshmallows are a bit of a fun science experiment with the kids…and no corn!
- These gluten free lemon cupcakes are sure to please!
- These Paleo & Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies look amazing!
Allergen free chocolate chip cookies note:
This dough comes together more like a shortbread recipe than a drop cookie, fyi.
So please refer to picture to notice the appropriate texture! You will need to press the dough together or you can simplify your life by using a cookie scoop!
Allergy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
Be sure to come back and leave a comment if you try this recipe!
Amazing Allergen Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup Spectrum Palm Shortening I use rainforest safe. Or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk or more
- 1.5 cup chocolate chips I used a dairy free soy free dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together.
- Cut in the shortening using a pastry blender. Alternately you could pulse all the ingredients in a food processor until mixtures resembles cornmeal.
- Mix in the milk and vanilla. Refer to the pictures, the dough should not come together completely until you press it together. Add more milk if you need to, the dough is NOT as dry as a pie crust, if you grab a ball and squeeze, it should come together easily.
- Form balls roughly the size of golf balls, place on cookie sheet and flatten. There is no leavening in these, so make them look like a cooked cookie would look before they go into the oven!
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 14-15 minutes until just golden, this way they will be crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!