I have made this salad more times than I can count. It was a salad we had picked up at our local deli one night for an easy side to our BBQ. I loved the combo, but hated that everything felt drenched in dressing! I knew I wanted to recreate it healthier..so on the hunt I went for inspiration. We could eat this all the time. It is fresh, travels well, and keeps well in the fridge for several days. A perfect picnic food too!
Broccoli Salad w/ Bacon & Cranberries
- 1/4 cup allowed mayonnaise I used my own homemade
- 1/4 cup allowed sour cream or yogurt I used So Delicious Plain Yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar or equivalent of stevia powder
- 12 oz broccoli florets and peeled broccoli stalks
- 4-5 pieces bacon cooked & crumbled (my favorite is Trader Joe's applewood smoked, nitrate free)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
Whisk the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
Either chop the broccoli small, or pulse it a few times in a food processor. I prefer this over larger florets.
In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients, and dressing to taste.
Store in the refrigerator!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!