With a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious crunchy gluten free chicken parmesan! With no eggs or dairy, this recipe will work with all sorts of healing diets!
Gluten free chicken parmesan…made egg and dairy free too!
Breaded cutlets of chicken always seem to be a kid pleaser! Something about that crispy coating around tender chicken wins them over evrytime!
But how to make this classic gluten, dairy, AND egg free?! It is much easier than you think!
Making an emulsion of some fat and a dairy free milk replaces the eggs, and some dairy free shreds fill in for the Parmesan! This breading technique can be used with any meat.
Here is your gluten and dairy free chicken parmesan recipe! And don’t be intimidated with what looks like a long recipe: this is really super easy to throw together! 30 minutes and on the table!
How to make your own gluten free breadcrumbs:
- Gluten free or grain free breads are pricey, and none of the kids will eat the heels. Rather than throw them away, I store them in a Ziploc in the freezer. And when I create a gluten free vegan bread FAIL, that goes in the bag too! When I accumulate enough, I whir the whole bit (defrosted and torn into bits) in the food processor or blender and then whir into fine crumbs (see below). I use these fresh, as is. They need to be stored in the freezer as they are not dried out and toasted and will mold in the pantry.
Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan Recipe:
Dairy Free & Egg Free Chicken 'Parm'
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1/2" thick
- 2 cups gluten free bread crumbs a reader used almond flourwith success for paleo!
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch or any light flavored flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk I used So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or 1 egg
- 1 cup favorite spaghetti sauce I sometimes use my blender pasta sauce!
- 1/2 cup Daiya Cheese Mozzarella Shreds or parmesan
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Pound your chicken pieces to a uniform 1/2" thick...this is key to quick and even cooking (see picture above). I love my mallet for this!
As long as all your remaining ingredients are cued, preheat your pan over medium heat....cast iron and stainless steel will give you the best, most crunchy texture.
Meanwhile, place a 1/2 cup of tapioca flour (or other starch) on a plate, set aside.
In a bowl, whisk the non-dairy milk and avocado oil until slightly emulsified, set aside.
In another bowl, or on a plate, mix together the bread crumbs and all the seasonings.
Now your ready for your assembly line (see picture above). I like to set all my containers to the side of preheated pans so I can move the breaded pieces right into the pan.
Add a tablespoon of preferred fat to the awaiting pan, then begin your breading process.
Dredge a piece of chicken in the tapioca flour, shake of excess.
Dredge in the milk & olive oil emulsion.
Continue with the breadcrumbs, pressing firmly on both sides to get as many crumbs stuck on there as possible.
Cook chicken pieces until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Place chicken in an 11 x 17 baking pan or a a cookie sheet.
Drizzle each piece with a few tablespoons of sauce, and top with a sprinkling of cheese.
Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes to melt the cheese and heat the sauce through.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!