This is one of those pan fried fish recipes that most people love, even if they don’t love fish. My kids eat it up, and I certainly love it too! While my taste buds have certainly changed over the years (I HATED all fish growing up), I am still very sensitive to overly fishy flavors. I have found that most mild fishes are my best bet….or fresh-caught fish.
I love how this recipe will work with ANY favorite fish….if you know you like it, then use it!! Serve it up with my Instant Pot Rice a Roni for a real treat!
Gluten free pan fried fish recipe flavor options:
- Chili powder and cumin blend with lime for a Mexican flare
- Cajun seasonings for a little southern style! I’d follow it with this luscious southern peach cobbler too!!
- Italian seasonings and garlic powder
- Or make up your own: it’s flexible that way, and there some great spice blends out there now-a-days to capture flavors from all over the world!
Are eggs OK?
My son’s current tests mean no egg whites, so I used the milk/oil emulsion.
If you’d like to mix an egg with the milk, that would work too!
More gluten free egg free dinner recipes:
Serve any of the these delicious gluten free dinners with some Instant Pot Artichokes!
- Tender bits of beef in a savory gravy: Instant Pot Cube Steak
- A quick dinner all in one skillet, Homemade Hamburger Helper is made with pantry ingredients!
- My family loves these Porcupine Balls
- These bacon wrapped scallops are low carb too!
- This spinach stuffed salmon is quick and easy to prep!
Crispy Pan Fried Fish – Gluten & Egg Free Recipe:
Please a comment below after you try this recipe!
- 1 pound white fish fillets I like tilapia, catfish, snapper, Dover sole, or striper
- 2 tablespoons any milk
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or any oil
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs I make my own using the end pieces of various loaves saved over time and stored in the freezer. When in need, I whir the whole batch in the food processor or blender and store surplus crumbs in the freezer for other recipes, much cheaper than buying gluten free crumbs
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or less depending on your pan
Whisk the milk and oil together (this mimics eggs, which you could do instead if you like).
Whisk the dry ingredients together.
Dredge the fish fillets in the milk/oil emulsion and then in the breading.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat (cast iron crisps the best!)
When the oil is hot, place the fish in the pan.
When golden brown, a couple of minutes, flip and brown the other side.
Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!