This festive and vibrant cranberry vinaigrette creates an amazing holiday salad with its bright red color! With the addition of some delicious greens, goat cheese, and nuts, you have an incredible green salad to enjoy!
Paleo, Whole30, and perfect for any holiday gathering, this festive cranberry vinaigrette salad is a treat!
Sweet, tart, crunchy, and creamy. A salad with all my favorites!
With the new year, we are all tightening our resolve, and my family is no different.
Salads like these always make it easier to get your greens in, even in the winter when my ayurvedic tendencies say no!
You’ll love the sweet and salty combination, and the creamy dairy free ‘cheese’ makes it all sing.
The dressing is vibrant and pink, and quite festive!
Enjoy, here’s to our sugar detox!!
Leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving to use up?
Then use THAT in place of the fresh cranberries for this salad dressing! Just leave the additional honey out and taste before adding more!
In the summer month, cranberries are not as readily available, so I turn to a seasonal favorite: strawberries!
Use strawberries or raspberries instead of the cranberries in the vinaigrette (leave out the stevia then), and use sliced strawberries to replace the apples, or use both!
Additional salad toppings to consider w/ cranberry vinaigrette:
The key to an interesting and delicious salads is to play with all the toppings! Here are some additions to play around with!
- I adore adding chopped nuts, and these spiced rosemary maple pecans would be magical!
- sharp cheeses of all varieties! Goat cheese is a favorite! Or these molten hot almond crusted goat cheese medallions…swoon! Here is a vegan creamy cashew cheese.
- Make this a full meal by cooking up some quinoa and tossing it with everything else!
- My roasted butternut squash would be magical!
- How about some crispy bacon (you’ll love my mess free cooking method!) crumbled up?
Cranberry Vinaigrette Recipe:
If you try this yummy, healthy salad dressing, be sure to come back and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Green Salad w/ Cranberry Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh or thawed frozen cranberries (or strawberries for the summer)
- 3 tablespoons vinegar I use white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic or about a teaspoon or less of minced
- 1 tablespoon honey May use stevia drops instead. Leave out if using strawberries which are already sweet
- 1 bag mixed greens I like to add in some arugula!
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slices
- 1 small apple like a Honeycrisp, small 1" dice (dried cranberries would be good too, or strawberries in the summer!)
- Cashew Creamy Cheese link above in post, or goat cheese if you can have it
- Cranberry Vinaigrette to taste
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!