Soft and tender, these gluten free vegan oatmeal raisin cookies are kissed with cinnamon and studded with plump raisins.
I love oatmeal cookies for their wholesome profile. My family adores my gluten free chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, but I also wanted to create a recipe with no eggs. I struggled finding a recipe that I was pleased with, so I played around with this recipe for awhile.
These cookies are not overly sweet and have a soft, moist crumb (add more sweetener if you like).
Eventually I will try for a dense and chewy cookie, as that is my favorite texture, but these cookies are delicious, and my kids can’t get enough if them!
We have played with the various vegan fats in these cookies. Each one has their own flavor and texture, but we have enjoyed them all! Use a combo you’re happy with.
Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies recipe notes:
In this recipe I use quick oats so the texture is less chunky. You can easily make your own my pulsing rolled oats in a blender or food processor a few times to break up the whole flakes…more like quick cooking ones that way.
OR, simply use rolled oats…baking can sometimes be a choose your own adventure type of thing, so you get to decide this time!
Additional gluten free vegan cookie recipes:
- These allergy free chocolate chip cookies are dense and chewy and are top 8 free!
- My gluten free chocolate peanut butter bars are a fun twist…a cookie crust and a creamy peanut butter (or any nut butter) filling.
- Festive and playful gluten free cookie pops….cookie dough bliss!
- My healthy gluten free oatmeal cookies use nut or seed butters for a wholesome snack!
- One of my favs: gluten free fig newtons!
- Like a healthier Oreo: gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies
Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe:
If you try these vegan cookies, be sure to come back a leave a comment below!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - Gluten Free, Vegan, & Ultra Moist!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or vegan butter
- 2/3 cup palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chia meal gelled with 4T water. Flax meal would also work.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour or sorghum, rice
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins or chocolate chips (opt). Could add more.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In the bowl of a mixer, beat the fats and sugar until creamy.
With the mixer still running, add in the applesauce, milk, chia meal, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and guar gum.
Continue by adding each of the flours, one at a time.
Finally, toss in the quick oats.
Decide if you want Plain Jane or raisins or chocolate chips and mix them in.
Using a small cookie scoop, or about 1-11/2 tablespoons of dough, scoop the dough onto a greased cookie sheet. These cookies do not move much once placed.
Bake in the preheated oven for 7-9 minutes until barely golden on the edges (don't overcook for a dry cookie!).
Let the cookies rest for 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack (they will be soft until they set)
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!