A delicious low-carb, keto, and Paleo pepperoni pizza casserole for families! The flavors of your favorite pepperoni pizzas of the past will come alive in this comforting dish!
A sneaky way to get your pizza fix with no dairy and no grains.
This dish is so darn convincing, that my super picky veggie-averse children even gobbled this down. And not just the first time: we have made this four times already! A delicious, comforting casserole perfect just about anytime of the year!
Anything that resembles pizza is definitely worth a try since my kids happily consume just about any pizza in any form.
Every single person who has had this dish LOVES it, and asks for the recipe…so TRUST ME!
Spaghetti squash may be new to some of you, but this simple, mild squash has a lovely little secret: when cooked al dente, the squash shreds in to noodlely (not a word, sue me!) threads that resemble noodles…but better! With only 40 calories a cup….and no difficult grains to digest, this casserole is a low-carb gem.
Dig in people…any dish so loaded with veggies and flavor should be a must on our menus!
- To roast a spaghetti squash, please see my post on how to PERFECTLY cook your squash!
Want more low carb dinners to try?
- Paleo/Keto Pesto Spaghetti w/ Crispy Bacon & Chicken!
- Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Chicken Abobo
- Country Cube Steaks
Paleo Pizza Casserole Recipe:
Paleo Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces pepperoni, chopped & divided (we like Applegate Farms w/ no nitrates and dairy free)
- 1 onion diced small
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano basil, and thyme
- 4 cups spaghetti squash noodles apx, see cooking notes above
- 2 cups favorite spaghetti sauce - we use my Homemade Blender Pasta Sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Daiya mozzarella cheese or pecorino romano and few tablespoons extra for sprinkling, optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef, 1/2 of the pepperoni, onion, and garlic.
As the ground meat cooks, sprinkle in the seasonings. Taste (when cooked!) and add more to your liking if necessary.
In a large bowl, mix the warm beef mixture, spaghetti sauce, squash threads, eggs, and cheese of choice.
Place into a greased casserole dish ( I used a 9 X 9).
Top with the remaining pepperoni and a sprinkling of cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!