A delicious low-carb, keto pizza casserole for families! The flavors of your favorite pepperoni pizza of the past will come alive in this comforting casserole dish!
A sneaky way to get your pizza fix with no dairy and no grains.
This dish is so darn convincing, that my super picky veggie-averse children even gobbled this down. And not just the first time: we have made this four times already! A delicious, comforting casserole perfect just about anytime of the year!
Anything that resembles pizza is definitely worth a try since my kids happily consume just about any pizza in any form.
Every single person who has had this dish LOVES it, and asks for the recipe…so TRUST ME!
Spaghetti squash may be new to some of you, but this simple, mild squash has a lovely little secret: when cooked al dente, the squash shreds in to noodlely (not a word, sue me!) threads that resemble noodles…but better! With only 40 calories a cup….and no difficult grains to digest, this casserole is a low-carb gem.
Keto pizza casserole ingredient notes:
- To roast a spaghetti squash, please see my post on how to PERFECTLY cook your squash! I have found the key to enjoying this squash is to NOT overcook it! While there are many methods, I consistently come back this oven roasting method as it gives me more control over the doneness!
- I have used ground beef in this recipe…but any ground meat or sausage are delicious too!
- While any jarred spaghetti sauce will work, we like to use my homemade tomato sauce whenever I have some on hand!!
Want more low carb dinners to try?
- This keto pesto casserole uses spaghetti squash too! SO make plenty of squash in one sitting, and you’ll have enough to make TWO dinners!
- My family loves this bacon cheeseburger soup! It also sneaks in a whole of undetectable veg!
- Instant Pot chicken abobo is quick and easy to make!
- I was so happy to perfect this Instant Pot cube steak recipe!
- I love this cabbage with keilbasa!
Keto Pizza Casserole Recipe:
If you try this low carb casserole, be sure to come back and leave a comment and rating!
Paleo Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces pepperoni, chopped & divided (we like Applegate Farms w/ no nitrates and dairy free)
- 1 onion diced small
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano basil, and thyme
- 4 cups spaghetti squash noodles apx, see cooking notes above
- 2 cups favorite spaghetti sauce - we use my Homemade Blender Pasta Sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Daiya mozzarella cheese or pecorino romano and few tablespoons extra for sprinkling, optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef, 1/2 of the pepperoni, onion, and garlic.
As the ground meat cooks, sprinkle in the seasonings. Taste (when cooked!) and add more to your liking if necessary.
In a large bowl, mix the warm beef mixture, spaghetti sauce, squash threads, eggs, and cheese of choice.
Place into a greased casserole dish ( I used a 9 X 9).
Top with the remaining pepperoni and a sprinkling of cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!