A hearty casserole to satisfy the whole family! Loaded with pesto, bacon, and crispy chicken, this low carb dinner is full of flavor!
A flavor packed meal made with spaghetti squash, bacon, pesto, and chicken!
A few years ago, I made a fabulous recipe. It was a family keeper!!
And then one sad day, I went to open my old pin to make it again….and the website was no longer there, and neither was the recipe. The blog AND the beloved recipe disappeared!
Not one to give up so easily…I started using the main ingredients I remembered to come up with my own version to be forever memorialized here on my blog. After all, why should I get ALL the yummy food just to myself?!
Beautiful, flavorful food was meant to be shared!
I use my faithful 12″ cast iron skillet for this (and just about everything I cook!). The browning that you get from cast iron pan cannot be beat…and this one comes pre-seasoned so I have never had an issue with sticking food!
Here are some additional Paleo dinners to enjoy!
- Keto Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Spanish Garlic & Egg Soup (lightening quick!!)
- Instant Pot Chicken Adobo
- Cuban Picadillo
Pesto Spaghetti Squash w/ Chicken & Bacon Recipe:
Paleo Pesto Spaghetti Squash w/ Crispy Chicken & Bacon
- 6 cups Spaghetti squash cooked, see how to here (or any noodles if you prefer)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces.
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces bacon diced or thinly sliced
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 6-8 tablespoons prepared pesto we make this dairy free version, to taste
Optional add in's:
- sliced red bell pepper, grated pecorino romano or parmesan (not Whole 30), sliced sauteed mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, or halved cherry tomatoes
Prepare your spaghetti squash, cool, shred, set aside.
In a large 12" skilletover medium low heat, gently cook the bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon, set aside.
Bump the heat up to medium-high. Add the chicken, garlic granules, and a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper, in a single layer (otherwise it will steam, not brown). THEN LEAVE IT ALONE< DON:'T MOVE IT! Let it get crispy---about 5 minutes.
When chicken is browned, flip to the other side and continue.
When crispy and cooked through, remove to the same plate as the bacon.
Bump the heat down to medium low again, and saute the onion until very soft, 5-7 minutes (This is where you add any other additional veggies too if you choose).
To the cooked veggies, add in the reserved spaghetti squash, bacon, chicken, and pesto. Turn the heat up to medium and saute until all the pesto is evenly distributed and the dish is hot throughout.