Smoothies are so versatile, they lend themselves to personal tastes and creativity easily. The only tricky part is ratios. My husband and I prefer ours thick and creamy. Sometimes when I wing it, it turns out tasteless or unremarkable. This morning’s smoothie was perfect! Use it as a base and sub any fruits you have on hand. I am avoiding blueberries temporarily for my son who’s blood testing says his body doesn’t like them….so blackberries and raspberries today! I always add in spinach as it gets those wonderful dark greens in w/ no effort, and my palate (nor my kids) can ever detect them! A perfect breakfast loaded with all sorts of goodness for your body!
- ½ cup raw cashews (Trader Joe's best deal)
- ½ cup any milk (I used So Delicious Coconut Milk)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (these bad boys are SO good for you, check out some info here)
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 4"-6" piece of frozen banana
- Put the nuts and milk in blender and walk away for 10 minutes (optional).
- Puree until smooth.
- Add in remaining ingredients, puree until smooth!
- If you have a high power blender, skip the brief soaking and blend the whole kit and kaboodle in one fell swoop!
This post was shared on Friday Foodie Fix,Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!