Smoothies are so versatile, they lend themselves to personal tastes and creativity easily. The only tricky part is ratios. My husband and I prefer ours thick and creamy. Sometimes when I wing it, it turns out tasteless or unremarkable. This morning’s smoothie was perfect! Use it as a base and sub any fruits you have on hand. I am avoiding blueberries temporarily for my son who’s blood testing says his body doesn’t like them….so blackberries and raspberries today! I always add in spinach as it gets those wonderful dark greens in w/ no effort, and my palate (nor my kids) can ever detect them! A perfect breakfast loaded with all sorts of goodness for your body!
- ½ cup raw cashews (Trader Joe’s best deal)
- ½ cup any milk (I used So Delicious Coconut Milk)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (these bad boys are SO good for you, check out some info here)
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 4″-6″ piece of frozen banana
- Put the nuts and milk in blender and walk away for 10 minutes (optional).
- Puree until smooth.
- Add in remaining ingredients, puree until smooth!
- If you have a high power blender, skip the brief soaking and blend the whole kit and kaboodle in one fell swoop!
This post was shared on Friday Foodie Fix,