A healthy berry smoothie to start your morning off right! With fruits and veggies and a dose of vegan protein, this is a nutritious way to start your day!
Smoothies are so versatile, they lend themselves to personal tastes and creativity easily.
The only tricky part is ratios. My husband and I prefer ours thick and creamy.
Sometimes when I wing it, it turns out tasteless or unremarkable.
This morning’s smoothie was perfect! Use it as a base and sub any fruits you have on hand.
I am avoiding blueberries temporarily for my son who’s blood testing says his body doesn’t like them….so blackberries and raspberries today!
I always add in spinach as it gets those wonderful dark greens in w/ no effort, and my palate (nor my kids) can ever detect them!
A perfect breakfast loaded with all sorts of goodness for your body!
Can I use different berries in my healthy berry smoothie?
Changing fruit out for what you have on hand always works.
Some things to note:
- if your fruit doesn’t TASTE good, then your smoothie won’t either. Don’t use flavorless or unripened fruit.
- If you use all frozen fruit, sometimes the mixture will be too thick to get whirring…and a couple tablespoons of hot water if necessary.
- Full size large frozen strawberries are notoriously hard to blend the whole way. I recommend thawing them before throwing in.
Additional healthy smoothies:
- A tropical taste storm, my green mango smoothie is a full meal!
- My kombucha lime smoothie is fizzy and wonderful!
- Pretty in pink raspberry smoothie is low carb and keto too
- Cinnamon peanut butter smoothie = amazing!
- How about a savory option? Homemade V8 juice look awesome!
If you try this healthy smoothie, be sure to come back and leave your feedback in a comment!
Creamy Berry Smoothie - Dairy Free
- 1 cup non-dairy milk I used So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 oz baby spinach about 1 large handful
- 1/4 cup blackberries frozen or partially thawed
- 1/4 cup raspberries frozen or partially thawed
- 1/4 cup strawberries frozen or partially thawed
- 1/2 medium banana ripe
- 1 scoop collagen use code 'tessa10' for 10%off any order. Optional.
Put the nuts and milk in blender and walk away for 10 minutes to soften the nuts (optional).
Puree until smooth.
Add in remaining ingredients, puree until smooth!
If you have a high power blender, skip the brief soaking and blend the whole kit and kaboodle in one fell swoop!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!