A kombucha smoothie that has a bright tropical flavor and is still loaded with good for you ingredients!
This one of those times when the stars align and BAM! Magic happens.
I have been relying very heavily on smoothies for my son for his best dose of nutrient dense foods…this means one meal a day is frequently a smoothie.
How to make a super nutrient dense kombucha smoothie that tastes good?
In our house, it has to perform multiple functions:
- Still taste amazing for my SUPER picky son
- Is free of ALL top 8 allergens
- Is a balanced meal with protein and healthy fats
It has taken awhile, but I much more adept at making great smoothies now that manage to do ALL these things.
The inspiration for this recipe came from a blogger from down under, Oh Nom Ally. She has a weekly blender linky party that I participate in, and this was her contribution one week.
I turned to it knowing I had mangoes on hand.
And let’s be frank…..my son can not have berries still…so my frozen fruit options are not as plentiful or affordable as I would like. I am a huge fan of the Thai mangoes, but find the frozen cubed varieties ho hum.
Until THIS smoothie.
Ally’s Mango Lassi smoothie looked delicious in it’s own right, but it did not meet my #2 and #3 criteria for my son. When I was finished with it, it was a new recipe with magical results. But seriously look at her picture, don’t you just want to lick your screen??!! There is a reason I pinned that smoothie!
Should I Drink Kombucha?
Kombucha is a tasty fermented tea drink. And while it is made with with sugar and teas, at the end of fermentation, minimal sugar remains and most caffeine is gone. My kiddos LOVE it! Because it is a fermented beverage, there are lots of beneficial reasons to drink it:
- rich in many of the enzymes and bacterial acids necessary for detox
- contains glucosamines which are great for maintaining joint health
- a probiotic beverage that can aid in digestion and gut health
- antioxidant rich…fight those free radicals!
So yes, drink kombucha!!!
Don’t forget, collagen is the magical gut healing protein source in this and most of my smoothies. A must have! It is tasteless, adds great protein, and SO good for your gut!!! I love Perfect Supplements brand because not only is it sourced from pasture raised animals, they also test to make sure there is no traces of glyphosate in their products! Use code tessa10 for 10% off any order!
Additional Healthy Smoothie Recipes?
- This healthy berry smoothie stars our favorite: berries!
- This Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie is bursting with bright lemon flavor and nutrition!
- My kids love my chocolate Raspberry Creme Smoothie!
Mango Lime Kombucha Smoothie Recipe:
If you try this tropical kombucha smoothie, be sure to report back and leave a comment below!
Mango Lime Kombucha Smoothie/Ice Cream
- 1 cup any milk I use Silk Coconut this time
- 1 cup kombucha I used a homemade variety, but recommend any plain, berry, or hibiscus kombucha flavor
- 1 1/2 cup frozen mango cubes
- 3/4 cup frozen butternut squash cubes
- 6 ounce plain yogurt I used So Delicious Plain Greek
- Zest & juice of one lime about 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk or coconut butter
- 8 drops liquid stevia to taste (or honey) - optional
- 2 tablespoons collagen I have linked to my favorite above, could leave out for vegan
Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and puree until smooth and frosty!
nutrition facts include a scoop of collagen and GT's Original Kombucha
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!