A full meal lemon smoothie bursting with lemon flavor! This smoothie will leave you satisfied for hours with its healthy fats and protein! This recipe is easily made keto too!
Citrus, in all its forms, is one of my favorite flavors AND smells! This smoothie celebrates the bright flavor of lemon!
I created this lemon smoothie to make a complete meal bursting with lots of lemon flavor. I tinkered with the recipe multiple times to get it just right, and now I get to share it with you!
Tangy, fresh lemon flavor with a creamy profile, if you love lemon cheesecake, then this is the smoothie for you!
For other full meal smoothies, check out some of my other recipes:
Lemon smoothie ingredient notes:
- This recipe calls for coconut butter or coconut oil. The healthy fats give you energy and staying power. I use my own homemade coconut butter, but you can also purchase it in the store or online.
- For a nut free version, I use a high quality grass-fed collagen for the protein, I recommend Perfect Supplements. They test to make sure there product is free of glyphosate (Round Up), super imporant to me! (Can use code “tessa10” for an additional 10% off any order)Collagen is a super food and great for assisting in the healing damaged guts, as well as excellent for skin, nail, and hair!! Think of it like a glue that holds our bodies together!
Using a high powered blender for this whole lemon smoothie:
I use my BlendTec for this smoothie.
A high powered blender will be necessary to pulverize the whole lemon.
OR If you do not have one, or your lemon has lots of bitter white pith in it’s peel (yucky tasting), zest the lemon instead and add the seeded pulp or just the lemon juice.
It won’t be quite as lemony, but still delicious! I also recommend soaking the raw cashews if you are using a regular blender!
Paleo Lemon Smoothie Recipe:
If you try this smoothie, I want to hear about it! Please come back and leave a comment below!
Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie - Dairy Free & Paleo
- 1 cup non-dairy milk I use coconut or almond
- 1/4 cup plain dairy free yogurt I use So Delicious Plain Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 1/4 cup frozen butternut squash OR pumpkin cubes OR 1 cup frozen cauliflower rice or florets, OR cooked spaghetti squash, OR raw zucchini pieces, optional
- 1 whole lemon zested & juiced
- 1/2 medium ripe banana or for a keto version, replace with favorite low carb sweetener
- 2 tablespoons collagen OR 2 tablespoons raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter OR MCT oil
- Liquid stevia OR honey, to taste, I use around 8 drops stevia usually.
Place all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy. (see above notes for regular blenders)
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!